• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

sure it is ok - make sure u get a good alignment and double check those jam nuts - mine come loose often but since i have put some loctite and that has helped

Dude you need to buy the Currie Rock Jock steering system. I just instaled mine last weekend and it is bad ass. The tie rod and drag link are the same size as my buddies F250 and they are solid stock nut tube. The tie rod ends are a lot bigger than the stock one's to. I purchased the tie rod flip insert from goferit products and flipped the tie rod. I think it was the best investment I have ever made for my XJ.

the tire rod roll for this type of steering set up is inevitable - the poly spacers help prevent that... how much lift do u have?

chris420 said:
Dude you need to buy the Currie Rock Jock steering system. I just instaled mine last weekend and it is bad ass. The tie rod and drag link are the same size as my buddies F250 and they are solid stock nut tube. The tie rod ends are a lot bigger than the stock one's to. I purchased the tie rod flip insert from goferit products and flipped the tie rod. I think it was the best investment I have ever made for my XJ.

Thats great and all but if i remember correctly thats a ylink setup.. So in high articulation situations you loose your abilty to steer from what i'v found.. Dont get me wrong it works but a tire to tire tie rod is better in certain applications,, My brother has a setup custom made from currie to match his d44 and he wishes he went with heims instead with a t setup..Thats just my input though,,

I have a six inch lift but it really is 5.5 inches of lift. I dont have any binding problems yet but I need to use an RTI ramp to check for sure. I dont like hiem joints because they cluck around a lot and tend to rust up. I figure if it does bind then I will use limiting straps to limit down travel.

Bottom line,we have not gotten this kit to work.Three spacers still dont work,buy something else!

outlander said:
Ok who has this steering system in stock and not Back ordered....I finally scrapped up enough cash.
Basically no one. Manufacturer has a backorder of 79 right now.

Actually I just talked to RR, they said those were supposed to arrive Friday, so they should restock here within the next couple days. If ordered from RJR, we'll drop it to you directly from them.

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Bottom line,we have not gotten this kit to work.Three spacers still dont work,buy something else!

i am right where Mr. X is and i have gotten my kit to work OK - (7 inch lift, 35) and the spacer helped a lot but i am going to try and salvage the kit by adding an inch or two to the draglink and using a heim at the pitman arm to help with the radical angle...otherwise the kit feels fine and i need to make some minor adjustments to get my steering centered... i think over 5 inches of lift is where people are having some problems

I have this streering set up with a RE 3.5" lift.. blew out the grease boot on TRE to the pitman... severe angle I guess... will a drop pitman fix this angle or will a drop screw up my streering angles?

mage said:
I have this streering set up with a RE 3.5" lift.. blew out the grease boot on TRE to the pitman... severe angle I guess... will a drop pitman fix this angle or will a drop screw up my streering angles?

Don't use a drop pitman arm unless you drop the trackbar too. It will mess up your angles.

Thanks Man... figurz

What can I do about the blown boot problem????
A replacement boot would just get pinched too.

I wonder if I filled it with too much grease, possible??
all the other boots will push out the contaminated grease when you put new in...
How is everyone else's boots doing, grease come out when you re-fill it?

well i had just gotten the jeep aligned, trackbar, steering and long arms and was driving home and kit felt okay with spacer, I think my stock steering handled better. IMO if your over 5 inches of lift this is not the kit for you if I could go back again I would have went jcr or another route. Didnt get much testing though since a couple miles down the road my jeep starting pulling hard to the right and smokin from passenger rotor like crazy, think caliper is stuck or something

dellstopjeep said:
well i had just gotten the jeep aligned, trackbar, steering and long arms and was driving home and kit felt okay with spacer, I think my stock steering handled better. IMO if your over 5 inches of lift this is not the kit for you if I could go back again I would have went jcr or another route. Didnt get much testing though since a couple miles down the road my jeep starting pulling hard to the right and smokin from passenger rotor like crazy, think caliper is stuck or something

that's the caliper. been there, done that 3x

well I drove this kit on street for real yesterday and tested on freeway. It is definitly a no go for me.
With some win gusts yesterday and the bumpsteer i could barely keep in lane and a couple times i was right out. This was at maybe 60 probably 55. I wont be buying jcr because I feel it will have this same affect for me so i guess its time for me to consider other options. I may lower my jeep in inch like i was planning anyways to try and help but who know if that will solve anything. Dont be a dumb ass like me and buykit to save a buck if your jeep is real tall.

Back