• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

Well for one I was planning on getting wheel Spacers anyways cause I want to keep the Aluminum wheels that are on it. I dont feel like putting the soft 8's on this jeep, I already have one with those wheels. All I wanted to know was will this setup work with the aluminum wheels without spacer untill they get here. I was hoping to align the jeep tonight after I put on the RR steering setup.

hey does anyone have the instructions they could e-mail me maybe or a link to get them?
i lost mine since it sat here for four months and magically i cant find them. probably dont need them but it would be nice.

dellstopjeep said:
hey does anyone have the instructions they could e-mail me maybe or a link to get them?
i lost mine since it sat here for four months and magically i cant find them. probably dont need them but it would be nice.
If you need instructions to install a drag-link and tie-rod,you probably should sell your Jeep now!

no i remembered there being a little note in there about alignments that i couldnt remember so i wanted to re read, which is now done.
And after all the hassle I have had with rebuilding the motor in this thing you can have it!

MJ7 Green and Ugly said:
First I would like to state that I work for OMIX-ADA and just want to say we are sorry for the packaging issue that some of you have had and to let all of you know that it is not related to the retailer at all. To be honest a poor choice was made in packaging but this has been corrected. If you get in contact with the company you ordered the kit from we will be more than happy to send out what ever part you are missing. We are a wholesale distributor and handle all warranty claims through our retailers. We are aware of the issue and will try to expedite the replacement parts ASAP. Again we are very sorry for the problems this may have caused.

The back-order was due to a revision to the steering system. This revision was made to allow a YJ setup to be developed using a good number of the existing parts.

This kit is designed as an OE upgrade. It has been designed to offer greater strength at an affordable price. The TR-ends have been designed for use in this kit and 3 of the 4 are a Rugged Ridge item. The passenger side TR-end was developed from an existing unit but increased in body size and thread size.

Also noted in this thread was the rotation of the tubes in relation to lift. Reading such forums helps us to note improvements where needed. For the XJ's and TJ's lifted past 4" without a drop pitman arm we will look into offering the spacers if needed as an option. As noted this kit was designed as a H/D upgrade to a stock OE unit and operational performance is directly related to the XJ or TJ set-up.

Ive had this kit on for about 2 driving days/100 miles. Im at 6.5" lift. The roll is definetly noticeable, especially on S curves on the highway, where there is no steering response for 1/2 turn on the wheel. A unaware driver may make a costly mistake, and crank harder, causing oversteer, and then panic trying to correct it.

What spacers are we talking about, and how well does this address the tie rod roll at my height? Trying to get the wheel straight with an alignment is worthless, because the tie rod roll will ensure the wheel is at a different spot to get the wheels straight.

Unless the roll can be addressed, I will be removing this kit. Trail rigs, its a great upgrade, but for the taller guys that DD, not so much... Steering is not something to skimp on (Even though I tried!)

I would also like one of these spacers. I sit around 6.5"s also and have noticed a considerable amount of roll. On my 98 with the 3 inch kit its not bad at all though.

toast said:
Ive had this kit on for about 2 driving days/100 miles. Im at 6.5" lift. The roll is definetly noticeable, especially on S curves on the highway, where there is no steering response for 1/2 turn on the wheel. A unaware driver may make a costly mistake, and crank harder, causing oversteer, and then panic trying to correct it.

What spacers are we talking about, and how well does this address the tie rod roll at my height? Trying to get the wheel straight with an alignment is worthless, because the tie rod roll will ensure the wheel is at a different spot to get the wheels straight.

Unless the roll can be addressed, I will be removing this kit. Trail rigs, its a great upgrade, but for the taller guys that DD, not so much... Steering is not something to skimp on (Even though I tried!)

this is the exact problem i am having... unfortunatly i am in the same boat and will be removing it instead of messing with it and trying to create longer joints or use heims... it feels so unrepsonsive on the road and simply with 7 inches of lift this kit can not handle the angles and adjustments needed to reatain proper steering - i am almost out of tre engagment which is kinda scary... great kit if u are under 6 inches of lift

Ok I have made a spacer and I can tell everyone that the spacer will most definitely stop the TRE roll. End of debate.
As I thought once installed it will not let the tre roll at all. so I am currently roll free.
The material I had on hand is not as hard as I thought though after the install it did compress easier than I expected. So I don’t think it will last long. I’m leaving out in the am for winter fest so I will find out how long it will last when I get back. I do have a line on some composite that is hard as say brass. I will get that for my next set.
For now I wanted to get the word out if you use a spacer your set no more roll but it has to be really hard composite. Also it ended up being .5in thickness thats what fit best in my install.

306366659.jpg

well the spacer looks promising - i simply do not have the adjustment i need on the drag link plus the roll the set up is very sloppy - i might make a spacer like this but honestly i could simply make a new drag link - about 3-4 inches longer out of dom and see if i can get my angles right, then try the spacer... if not mine will be up for sale and i need to look into another steering system...

Comanchedude said:
Ok I have made a spacer and I can tell everyone that the spacer will most definitely stop the TRE roll. End of debate.
As I thought once installed it will not let the tre roll at all. so I am currently roll free.
The material I had on hand is not as hard as I thought though after the install it did compress easier than I expected. So I don’t think it will last long. I’m leaving out in the am for winter fest so I will find out how long it will last when I get back. I do have a line on some composite that is hard as say brass. I will get that for my next set.
For now I wanted to get the word out if you use a spacer your set no more roll but it has to be really hard composite. Also it ended up being .5in thickness thats what fit best in my install.

Glad to hear it works for you :cheers:. What size lift are you running?

even if i dont have sway bar links?

edit: i could also find a tre with the draglink hole and the same threads, any one know what threads they are?

xalexjx said:
:lecture: I guess no one knows. Ordered it all last night and ill get a write up, posted up once i finish it.
Guess no one knows what? This setup cannot be OTK with thier passenger TRE, and the threads for the TRE’s are 7/8″

Last edited:
Back