• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

Thought "Dragging" might be amusingly appropriate for after a day of wheeling, especially if much carnage occurs ("Stop Strapping my Jeep Around") :looser:

i'm now at the mercy of my work schedule a changin'. i'll probably end up knowing if i can come to this like a day before. and if so, the hammer will be down!

ok, so the lady is coming.

if adam is still riding with me i have one more open seat for a cool passenger.

i do have a 2 door though, not so much fun to get in and out of.

we will be headin up friday around noon hopefully and stayin to wheel on sunday

Last edited:
KTM how are you guys heading out to RC. I'm leaving westchester near the Tappen Zee bridge around the same time.

KTM how are you guys heading out to RC. I'm leaving westchester near the Tappen Zee bridge around the same time.

i used to take the tappen zee, but the past several times ive been taking 84 to 81. its about 10 minutes longer and never any traffic

had some bad experiences around the tappen zee. took me 11 hours to get to rc once (usually a 5 hour drive) due to traffic in that area.

if i can get on the road early enough ill meet up and take the tappen zee though. but i want to avoid that area if it means i'll be gettin there around 3:30 or 4 or later.

ill find out in a week hopefully. depends on when the lady can get out of work.

I do also prefer the 84 to 81 run myself i'll talk with the guy I'm heading out with as see when he can meet up and maybe we'll take the northern route, always more fun with more XJs driving together

Drew,

I'm cool with the northern route. I hate traffic, and I can only image that Rt 80 West will be bad by the time we are driving it. I'm going to try to get out of work by 12:30 - 1PM. Where do you want to meet up? I know you have to get the trailer.

If i happen to make it and get the money together but don't do the crawl4thecure will there still be a group to ride with on Saturday?

Yes. We (as NAXJA) will probably just run in our own groups anyway for Saturday. A few of us have paid up for the C4C too, which just means the folks who aren't attending their thing SAutrday afternoon better have the fire well stoked by the time we get back to Twin Grove...:D

Drew,

I'm cool with the northern route. I hate traffic, and I can only image that Rt 80 West will be bad by the time we are driving it. I'm going to try to get out of work by 12:30 - 1PM. Where do you want to meet up? I know you have to get the trailer.

works for me.

win something for me andy i didn't get the registration done in time...

ok I'm down then. :) I am gonna save for the next couple of weeks instead of buying parts for the buggy.

Frankly I have no idea what's going on.

I'm gonna show up Friday after work (or maybe Thursday after work, depending). I'll have the nonwheeling ZJ. I plan on hanging out, drinking beers, playing guitar, and telling stories by the fire at night, and during the day I'll ride along or walk with whatever group and take pictures and spot people. Somewhere in there I'll just follow other people to whatever party thing is happening.

And I'll be in the tenting/camping contingent.

Anything else I need to know?

1. I hope I'm not speaking for myself here, but you guys are confusing the hell out of me, is NAXJA holding a BBQ like that of NAC-Fest? Does it need to be paid for? I realize the C4C is the same weekend but I seem to be getting the details of the two mixed up. People keep saying there "paid up" and I'm assuming thats for the C4C. Someone please clear the dumb out of my head.

2. I should be leaving next Thursday, time undecided, will be taking 6/384/84/81. If anyone would like to convoy, or meet up along the way your more than welcome :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing, but if your not signed up ahead of time, you may not be able to get in for the meal. Thoughts Rich? Do they plan on extras with the food?

i hope so, i won't know if i can make it until maybe even the day before. but if i can make it i'll be firing my ass on down to wheel!

1. I hope I'm not speaking for myself here, but you guys are confusing the hell out of me, is NAXJA holding a BBQ like that of NAC-Fest? Does it need to be paid for? I realize the C4C is the same weekend but I seem to be getting the details of the two mixed up. People keep saying there "paid up" and I'm assuming thats for the C4C. Someone please clear the dumb out of my head.

2. I should be leaving next Thursday, time undecided, will be taking 6/384/84/81. If anyone would like to convoy, or meet up along the way your more than welcome :thumbup:

LOL it is a bit confusing with two events in the same weekend. The NAXJA NAC crew is wheeling all day Friday, and having our meal Friday evening at the campground. It starts at 6pm, and costs $10/person upon arrival at the meal. It is an October-Fest-style meal. BYOB this year...

Saturday New Jersey Jeep Assoc. is hosting their Crawl for the Cure at RC. They have a large BBQ and raffle planned. Unless something has changed, their event is pre-registration only. The pre-registration period for their event has ended, but they did not fill their quota so they extended it until they reach 175 people. They are having a BBQ/raffle SAturday evening at RC. I think it starts at 3pm. BUT I think you need to be pre-registered to attend. The info for their event is stickied at the top of our forum. If you plan on attending their event as well, I suggest you read up on the details.

The NAC will (of course) be wheeling Saturday as well, and we'll probably stay in our own groups, unless some want to run with the NJJA groups. Those of us that are signed up for their BBQ/raffle

A

I was thinking the same thing, but if your not signed up ahead of time, you may not be able to get in for the meal. Thoughts Rich? Do they plan on extras with the food?

This is my third year running and guiding for the Crawl for the Cure, and from what I've seen in years past, there is plenty of food to go around. If we have members that arent paid participants for the Crawl, I still think they should be able to buy their way into a quick meal, and I'm definitely sure that no one who wants to buy into the raffle would be turned away..The proceeds go towards the cancer foundations, as well as a small percentage to the NJJA, who put a lot of work in to make this event happen. It's one of the few that I've seen in recent years that's still growing in attendance, so I believe that their general attitude is "the more, the merrier!"
Rich

And on that note, I think it's great that these events have come together the way that they have. NJJA has a LOT of great people, and they put on a great event. I'm happy to help them in any way I can. My mother has had two lumps removed, and my grandmother (80 years young) has endured 2 full mastectomies, so for me, its not just fun, it's personal.Thanks to all the Naxja members that are supporting this cause. You never know when breast cancer (or any cancer for that matter) might hit too close to home.
Rich

Back