• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

So I'm thinking of coming and even after reading all these posts I'm still confused. from all of the posts i think i get wheeling Friday, wheelin starting sometime in the morning and carrying thru the day with NAXJA ? dinner Friday night at the campground. Saturday, C4C wheelin (with pre-reg) or NAXJA wheelin (just show and go). din with C4C (if registered). Sunday?? any wheelin? campground fees and Friday night dinner are paid for when you show so no pre-reg required except C4C? Plenty of camp space?

thanks
Brandon

So I'm thinking of coming and even after reading all these posts I'm still confused. from all of the posts i think i get wheeling Friday, wheelin starting sometime in the morning and carrying thru the day with NAXJA ? dinner Friday night at the campground. Saturday, C4C wheelin (with pre-reg) or NAXJA wheelin (just show and go). din with C4C (if registered). Sunday?? any wheelin? campground fees and Friday night dinner are paid for when you show so no pre-reg required except C4C? Plenty of camp space?

thanks
Brandon
From what I gathered you are correct.
There is plenty of space at Twin Grove.
I'm not sure about wheeling Sunday, I'll probably be heading back.

This is my third year running and guiding for the Crawl for the Cure, and from what I've seen in years past, there is plenty of food to go around. If we have members that arent paid participants for the Crawl, I still think they should be able to buy their way into a quick meal, and I'm definitely sure that no one who wants to buy into the raffle would be turned away..The proceeds go towards the cancer foundations, as well as a small percentage to the NJJA, who put a lot of work in to make this event happen. It's one of the few that I've seen in recent years that's still growing in attendance, so I believe that their general attitude is "the more, the merrier!"
Rich

OK, good deal!!!

There you have it gents... if your not pre-registered, it doesn't sound like it will be much of a problem.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification gents!

thanks
Brandon

i borrowed a reamer from you like 4 years and 3 jeeps ago and thought you dropped off the face of the earth lol.

that would be me still got the heep she's gettin a little worse for the wear.

good memory that was 2006 nac fest

Frankly I have no idea what's going on.

I'm gonna show up Friday after work (or maybe Thursday after work, depending). I'll have the nonwheeling ZJ. I plan on hanging out, drinking beers, playing guitar, and telling stories by the fire at night, and during the day I'll ride along or walk with whatever group and take pictures and spot people. Somewhere in there I'll just follow other people to whatever party thing is happening.

And I'll be in the tenting/camping contingent.

Anything else I need to know?

Yes, would you be able to stop by the cabin to tuck us in at night, and tell us a bedtime story? Jordan would like to hear a scary one, since halloween will be right around the corner. THANKS!

Frankly I have no idea what's going on.

I'm gonna show up Friday after work (or maybe Thursday after work, depending). I'll have the nonwheeling ZJ. I plan on hanging out, drinking beers, playing guitar, and telling stories by the fire at night, and during the day I'll ride along or walk with whatever group and take pictures and spot people. Somewhere in there I'll just follow other people to whatever party thing is happening.

And I'll be in the tenting/camping contingent.

Anything else I need to know?

If you're gonna tent it, bring a tent heater if you got one...it appears from what ive seen its dippin into the 30's at night up there now...I just bought another on at the Etown swap meet I'll lend out if anyone needs one...it seriously makes it much more pleasant.
Rich

If you're gonna tent it, bring a tent heater if you got one...it appears from what ive seen its dippin into the 30's at night up there now...I just bought another on at the Etown swap meet I'll lend out if anyone needs one...it seriously makes it much more pleasant.
Rich

pshhh a case of brews and my north face down sleeping bag are all i need :D

when its 33 degrees and pouring rain and a river finds its way under your tent and an alligator eats your sleeping bag i will sell floorspace for $10 a person

when its 33 degrees and pouring rain and a river finds its way under your tent and an alligator eats your sleeping bag i will sell floorspace for $10 a person
if I was there I would be in a 30 degree mummy bag in a hammock... would handle the temperature and the river but the rain, not so much. I may have to procure a smallish tarp for the next trip I take, just in case.

Due to nacfest and the weekend before it, I know that I can get in and out of a mummy bag in a hammock while completely blitzed without injuring myself. I am sure this will be a useful skill in the apocalypse.

Back