• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

anyone driving out thursday night from jersey?

I will be...Just not 100% sure of the time yet, it all hinges on what time the girlfriend can be ready...She lives in Mt Royal, though, not far from you, so if you're looking to convoy, we should probably be able to link up.

I'll keep you updated,
Rich

I can cover Slash OK. Axl, not so much. :D

Flagpole Sitta...interesting. Bring the lyrics and I can usually fake it through the rest. :dunce:

pretty sure adam can do the flagpole sitta singing. we melted his amp wire/fuse blasting it in his car once upon a time lol

ROCK LOBSTER! easy, check lol
flirtin with disaster another easy one, got it
flagpole sitta noo problemo
GODZILLA! or another good blue oyster cult song. maybe ill bring a cowbell godzilla idk that well, i'll learn it. i do know dont fear the reaper by heart cept... maybe half the solo.

I can cover Slash OK. Axl, not so much. :D

Flagpole Sitta...interesting. Bring the lyrics and I can usually fake it through the rest. :dunce:

faking is fun. we'll just get drunk and blame it on that. i'll rip some axl rose after a few brews.

pretty sure adam can do the flagpole sitta singing. we melted his amp wire/fuse blasting it in his car once upon a time lol

yup, melted the 40A. those pesky 650W RMS amps! lol

I was just practicing guitar & drums for nearly an hour. Not lightly. This is gonna be fun. :D

For stuff I know & can sing off the top of my head...pretty much any 90's alternative. green day, STP. lots of classic rock. some DMB. lots of jimmy eat world. american pie. counting crows. blues traveler. etc.

I was just practicing guitar & drums for nearly an hour. Not lightly. This is gonna be fun. :D

For stuff I know & can sing off the top of my head...pretty much any 90's alternative. green day, STP. lots of classic rock. some DMB. lots of jimmy eat world. american pie. counting crows. blues traveler. etc.

oh man can i bring the full set PLEASE?!?!

dude this is gonna rock. i'm cleaning my basement right now, putting all my gear away that i'm not using, def gonna rock out tomorrow since i'm working at night and my parents arent home all day.

i'll make sure i'm fluent in all things 90s alternative... from smashing pumpkins to sponge.

Sounds like fun guys! What guitars are you bringing? I have a bunch, but I'm bringing my thrasher Epi acoustic so my good ones don't get trashed.

my pos ibanez aeg10 acoustic. its all i have in the non-amplified category. unless i can sell more subie parts and get an applause or an ovation beforehand.

LOL... Wow, between the two of you, we'll have at least two decades of music covered!!! We'll have the clambake pavilion until 11pm (quiet curfew) Friday night, you guys can set up "under the lights" and jam after we eat. There is a fire ring right next to it, we'll get that going too. That would be awesome.

A.

oh man can i bring the full set PLEASE?!?!

i'll make sure i'm fluent in all things 90s alternative... from smashing pumpkins to sponge.

Trust me. I'm planning on driving the ZJ out, and I'm trying to figure out what I can fit. I know for a fact I can cram the drum set + hardware box, an acoustic, amp, electric, and bass in there (done it before). My drum set is really a well-tuned pile of crap when it comes down to it, so I wouldn't mind bringing it, but I don't think this is *quite* the venue.

Got harmonies? Jimmy Eat World is more fun with more parts. :D

Sounds like fun guys! What guitars are you bringing? I have a bunch, but I'm bringing my thrasher Epi acoustic so my good ones don't get trashed.

Well...

This one for sure. 1968 Gibson B25 acoustic.

gibson2.jpg

Also this, Deering Goodtime Special:

GTSGOODTIME.jpg

Maybe an electric and an amp, I dunno. Might substitute my bass for the electric.

my pos ibanez aeg10 acoustic. its all i have in the non-amplified category. unless i can sell more subie parts and get an applause or an ovation beforehand.

Good enough. :D

LOL... Wow, between the two of you, we'll have at least two decades of music covered!!! We'll have the clambake pavilion until 11pm (quiet curfew) Friday night, you guys can set up "under the lights" and jam after we eat. There is a fire ring right next to it, we'll get that going too. That would be awesome.

A.

Since no one's said it yet.

Here's to bringing the 'rock' to Rocktober-fest. :laugh:

23 is a good song!

You ever hear of a band called Guster? Their songs make for good guitar/bongo action.

I put some new strings on my axe and got nifty new capo. Time to start brushing up.

Bongos - check.

I'm more up to speed on the Bleed American stuff than anything else but I'll throw it all back in rotation. :D We might just have to agree to spend the weekend in E flat & capo as necessary.

Back