• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

Sleeping in the bed of the Dirtymax > Sleeping in the back of the XJ

:D

(too bad Im probably gunna wing it and end up in a tent)

yes, but i'm driving my jeep in instead of towing my chit. i may not even bother bringing a tent, and sleeping in the jeep means i can always fire it up for a few minutes to warm it up if i get cold. working in the oilfield taught me to sleep anywhere, anytime, in uncomfortable positions very easily! hell i slept in my truck in philly last friday night instead of driving back after 5+ beers, since my place to crash fell through

Sleeping in the back of the jeep ftw. That's what I did for Rocktoberfest last year too.

yes, but i'm driving my jeep in instead of towing my chit.

Im gunna drive red jeep all the way 6+ hrs down :moon:

I might slightly regret having the deeper gears and 225/75/15's but Ill still be happy with 65mph all the way (the new driveshaft doesnt seem to like 80+ anyways)

In better news, red jeep should be done and ready to go tomorrow :woohoo:

I might just be imagining things, but by the number of responses I'm beginning to think the attendance for this might be rivaling or even (surpassing!?) NACFest... I knew this was a great idea the first I heard it!.. I'm working on getting it all together as we speak, look forward to seeing everyone, and making an awful lot of chili for those cold lunchtime breaks, or whenever...
and, as before, the g/f is baking something....:)
Rich

Dammit, this sounds like it's gonna be fun. I don't think I'ma be teetotalling this time. Everyone's gotta tie one on some time ... and I've yet to do so with y'all. I get real silly, giggly & sleepy ... rumor has it I let someone chew on my leg the last time we were at Echo Valley with Poor Boyzzzzz ...

hmmm .... wait ...

maybe not a good idea ... but I'll have a passenger & it seems a shame to waste a perfectly sober passenger with a valid driver license ...

Can you say designated driver?!?!

wish i was up there have a good time!!!

Im front shocks/sway bar disco's and front tow hooks away from being ready now. :D

So whos gunna be hitting up the green trails with me?!?!

i'm running with a few friends from some other clubs 2 greens and blues your more then welcome to run with us (if you don't mind more blues then greens)

Im front shocks/sway bar disco's and front tow hooks away from being ready now. :D

front shocks-20 min
sway bar disco-not necessary
front tow hooks-unibody?
looks fine to me

and FWIW my gf will drive green trails one of the days

imo

green trails at rc are for 100% stock rav 4's and s10's

i bet you would have more fun doing low blues. stock xj's without swaybars are perfectly capable of em'

and FWIW my gf will drive green trails one of the days

i'm gonna get out of the jeep in the middle of a red trail and tell kristy we are stayin in the middle of the woods until she drives it out

oh and we will be leaving rhode island at 1:30 on friday. should be on 84 near the hudson river around 3:15-3:30 and rc around 7:00 give or take a half hour.

Dammit, this sounds like it's gonna be fun. I don't think I'ma be teetotalling this time. Everyone's gotta tie one on some time ... and I've yet to do so with y'all. I get real silly, giggly & sleepy ... rumor has it I let someone chew on my leg the last time we were at Echo Valley with Poor Boyzzzzz ...

LOL!!! Oh boy....

making a mental note now to bring bail money

i'm gonna get out of the jeep in the middle of a red trail and tell kristy we are stayin in the middle of the woods until she drives it out

video needed of this

oh and we will be leaving rhode island at 1:30 on friday. should be on 84 near the hudson river around 3:15-3:30 and rc around 7:00 give or take a half hour.

We'll be running about an hour or 2 in-front of you hopefully.

imo

green trails at rc are for 100% stock rav 4's and s10's

i bet you would have more fun doing low blues. stock xj's without swaybars are perfectly capable of em'

:thumbup:

Im just gunna be running the stock 225/75/15's and no skids so I didnt wanna have TOO much fun with it. Ill try some blues with it and see what happens, its gunna be fun to see how it does and wheeling a stock-ish xj again :D

Sam, I might meet up with you on the way down, I'll probably be going down about the same time.

Sam, I might meet up with you on the way down, I'll probably be going down about the same time.

cool.

im leavin from my house around 1:00 and meeting up with the lady at her place if you dont mind driving through the woods of ri for a little bit.

im takin rt 2 through ct to 84 somewhere around hartford

I havent the slightest idea what you are talking about... :yap:
Rich

hmmm .... wait ...

maybe not a good idea ... but I'll have a passenger & it seems a shame to waste a perfectly sober passenger with a valid driver license ...

Cold tenting isn't a problem...I did -14* in upstate NY once back in the boyscout days.

I'd sleep in the ZJ but it's going to be filled with musical equipment.

My mummy bag is still in a box in the basement that hasn't been opened since I used it out at KOH in February. Guess I should probably wash that.

Back