• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

hey guys, Ive never been to a NAXJA event before, but would like to come to this event.

If I read correctly, on October 22 your going to Rausch Creek? Ive been there before, but again, not with the forum. And everybody is staying in Pine Grove, PA?

Can I just show up, or do I have to call someone? Can I ask why we arnt just camping at Rausch, thats what ive done in the past.

well I really hope I can come out to this and be more involved outside the forum.

sorry but whats this crawl for the cure thing? Should I sign up if I want to go to Rocktoberfest?

I dont want to miss out on anything with the NAXJA crew while.

Adam, you definitely coming out for this? I can load a few extras in the truck...bongos, banjo, etc...

yea i'll 100% be there, took off from work. load up that truck, i havent played a banjo in forever. hell i'd bring my drumset if i wouldn't get slaughtered for rolling on the iron cobra double bass pedal at 2am... which would definitely happen :D

sorry but whats this crawl for the cure thing? Should I sign up if I want to go to Rocktoberfest?

I dont want to miss out on anything with the NAXJA crew while.

To answer some of your questions,
First, not all are staying at Pine Grove camp site, I along with a couple others will be at the hotel.
Second, as for the camp site at RC, Pine Grove site has many more comforts then RC site, Showers, power are a couple things.
Third, C4C Crawl 4 Cure is a fund raiser to help fight Cancer, So no you do not have to sign up for that to run with us, it is just something most of us feel is the right thing to do. I have my personal reasons I signed up for it.
Fourth, All you have to do is show up and look for all the XJ's and just join the group. Come up and introduce yourself and I am sure no one will bite you. :laugh:

So hope to see you there and have fun.

To answer some of your questions,
First, not all are staying at Pine Grove camp site, I along with a couple others will be at the hotel.
Second, as for the camp site at RC, Pine Grove site has many more comforts then RC site, Showers, power are a couple things.
Third, C4C Crawl 4 Cure is a fund raiser to help fight Cancer, So no you do not have to sign up for that to run with us, it is just something most of us feel is the right thing to do. I have my personal reasons I signed up for it.
Fourth, All you have to do is show up and look for all the XJ's and just join the group. Come up and introduce yourself and I am sure no one will bite you. :laugh:

So hope to see you there and have fun.

Oh who needs comforts when camping! Did not realize there were any hotels around. Is anybody camping at RC? Ive camped there 2 nights before ( memorial day weekend iirc) and it was fine.

Well maybe if I can convince my dad to go he will want to stay in a hotel :shhh:

Thanks for filling me in on the details. Im almost positive I will be there.

EDIT: looks like im to late to sign up for the crawl for the cure thing. but maybe there will be extra spots in it day of, then ill join in for sure.

Last edited:
Oh who needs comforts when camping! Did not realize there were any hotels around. Is anybody camping at RC? Ive camped there 2 nights before ( memorial day weekend iirc) and it was fine.

We stay at the Pine Grove Camprgound because that is where the event is "hosted." Not sure how the Rocktoberfest will work but for NAC-Fest the Pine Grove hosted the BBQ and the raffle. And thats where most people will be staying so it's a great place to meet everyone.

We stay at the Pine Grove Camprgound because that is where the event is "hosted." Not sure how the Rocktoberfest will work but for NAC-Fest the Pine Grove hosted the BBQ and the raffle. And thats where most people will be staying so it's a great place to meet everyone.

OHHH ok I get the situation now. Yeah RC can get a little rowdy. I read that I need to give $10 for food which is fine, whats the campground fee? will it fill up? do I need a reservation?

Last time I went to RC there were maybe 8 cherokee's, and I was in a group with all tacomas! This is gonna be awesome. anybody know about how many cherokee's will be showing up? Its gonna be quite a sight.

Also, I dunno if it has been asked in this thrad, but I might be bringing a few friends (3 people). Will they be able to dine with us? What are the charges?

OHHH ok I get the situation now. Yeah RC can get a little rowdy. I read that I need to give $10 for food which is fine, whats the campground fee? will it fill up? do I need a reservation?

Last time I went to RC there were maybe 8 cherokee's, and I was in a group with all tacomas! This is gonna be awesome. anybody know about how many cherokee's will be showing up? Its gonna be quite a sight.

Also, I dunno if it has been asked in this thrad, but I might be bringing a few friends (3 people). Will they be able to dine with us? What are the charges?

Hey folks... been away for a few days, and just catching up...

Austin... Twin Grove has a group tent site, and no, it will not fill up. When you get there, tell them you are tenting with the NAXJA group, and they will direct you to the group tent site. They charge $10/Night/Person. We are having an October-Fest meal Friday night this time instead of Saturday.

Laverne... Not a problem, it is $10/person for our meal on Friday night. We'll have PLENTY of food.

Everyone....
I will find out if you can register for the Crawl for the Cure on Saturday the 23rd and let you know...

Thanks,
Andy

I have now requested time off from work for this, hopefully it'll be approved and i'll be ready to rock!

:woohoo: My odds of coming are steadily increasing!! I've got a bunch of stuff together for red jeep to get it ready for some green's. Once I finish up the new suspension and axle swaps, I gotta wip up some front d-ring mounts and be good to go. Maybe I'll even get lucky and score a set of like 31" AT's.

It looks like I might even be having female company going with me :shocked: Only catch is she has to work in the morning Friday, we'll probably come down in the afternoon and be there for the Friday night festivities. We'll wheel Saturday and maybe do some stuff Sunday morning if anybody wants to.

Andy, can I get a rough estimated time for the dinner so I have a goal/time to aim for arriving.

I really don't see my XJ making it up for this.

I've re-focused my goals towards providing the most entertainment for everyone else involved. Be that via spotting (those who have experienced this know what I mean), photos, campfire stories (re: lots-o-post thread) as well as providing music while we're at Twin Grove.

So. I know at least me and Adam (93XJLI) will be bringing musical implements. If there's a song request or something you'd like to hear, post it now, and we'll make an attempt to accommodate it. :D

If there's a song request or something you'd like to hear, post it now, and we'll make an attempt to accommodate it. :D

good idea, usually people end up just yelling, "WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY?!?!"

i'm shy with a guitar and i know like 2736419283 songs you tell me what you want to hear and i'll play it. lolol

Everyone....
I will find out if you can register for the Crawl for the Cure on Saturday the 23rd and let you know...

OK... just checked the NJJA website, and they will continue to accept the registrations until they meet the 175 Jeep quota. As of this past Saturday, there were 80 spots left. I am not sure if they will let you register "the day of" though, my guess is they will have all of the remaining spots filled by then.

A.

It looks like I might even be having female company going with me :shocked: Only catch is she has to work in the morning Friday, we'll probably come down in the afternoon and be there for the Friday night festivities. We'll wheel Saturday and maybe do some stuff Sunday morning if anybody wants to.

Andy, can I get a rough estimated time for the dinner so I have a goal/time to aim for arriving.

yea.... pretty much the same deal here

If there's a song request or something you'd like to hear, post it now, and we'll make an attempt to accommodate it. :D

ROCK LOBSTER!
flirtin with disaster
flagpole sitta
GODZILLA! or another good blue oyster cult song. maybe ill bring a cowbell

the lady is a pretty big guns n roses /slash fan, but if you butcher it you might die in your sleep that night.

Back