• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocktober-Fest 2010!!!

cool.

im leavin from my house around 1:00 and meeting up with the lady at her place if you dont mind driving through the woods of ri for a little bit.

im takin rt 2 through ct to 84 somewhere around hartford

:thumbup: Im hoping to leave around the same time from my house when my lady friend shows up so I'll probably meet up with you somewhere on the highway in RI/CT.

Cold tenting isn't a problem...I did -14* in upstate NY once back in the boyscout days.

x2

After doing some cold weather tenting in scouts and having to make shelters and such, everything else is easy.

:thumbup: Im hoping to leave around the same time from my house when my lady friend shows up so I'll probably meet up with you somewhere on the highway in RI/CT.

your best bet would be to take rt 6 or 44 to rt 84.
maybe meet up somewhere on the otherside of hartford as anything else would be out of the way for ya. (gf lives about 30 mins south of me)

:flamemad: Im mad at Quirk Nissian!!! Even though my lady put in the request for the time off weeks ago and such and got it off, she went in this morning to find out that they decided to make her work now. WTF, she's bummed out, she really wanted to go.

Sam, I'll come meet you at your house now and we'll leave from there.

In other news, red jeep is pretty much done and ready to start getting packed. Just finished fixing the blown brakelines and got the front shocks & swaybar/discos in. Now I just gotta take a test drive to Ace to get some bolts to mount the front tow hooks.

Sam, I'll come meet you at your house now and we'll leave from there.

In other news, red jeep is pretty much done and ready to start getting packed. Just finished fixing the blown brakelines and got the front shocks & swaybar/discos in. Now I just gotta take a test drive to Ace to get some bolts to mount the front tow hooks.

hokay

my jeep could use:

rear stiffys
leafs
5150's
shackle relocation
front bumps

but i dont need to do it for this trip. it just means i wont be jumping it too crazily

hokay

my jeep could use:

rear stiffys
leafs
5150's
shackle relocation
front bumps

but i dont need to do it for this trip. it just means i wont be jumping it too crazily
idk what your talkin about dood your rear leafs look fine!

Anyone know what the group camp sites are like at twingrove? Is there just one big fire pit? Or will there be one for me to play with into the wee hours also? :firedevil

PUT THE LEAFS AND SHOCKS IN.

at least the shocks, takes half an hour.

well i wanted to do it all at once

because everything could be out of my way when the stiffys go in

and im runnin 6" shocks right now, any longer and ill have shockstops. i need to extend by bumps when i put the stiffys and leafs in

Anyone know what the group camp sites are like at twingrove? Is there just one big fire pit? Or will there be one for me to play with into the wee hours also? :firedevil
Basically, they just lump us all together in one of their tent areas, and each one has a firering...I'm bringing up a nice haul of wood, itsa gonna be brisk at night...
Rich

yes one more load to haul before i'm free to travel to rocktober fest going from hatfield,pa to york,pa to chester,ny back to souderton,pa.Then i pack the heep and head out friday.better find my long jons.

YES new CSF rad is in, so ready to go!! First time Ive driven the XJ in 3 weeks. But i have to take the grille back off tomorrow because I forgot to reconnect the headlight harness :dunce:

Should I bring some firewood? Was reading somewhere a while back how moving firewood is a bad idea.

Just to be clear: There is a BBQ friday night, and Lunch saturday (both W/ payment of-course). Just trying to figure how much food to bring.

Last edited:
Just to be clear: There is a BBQ friday night, and Lunch saturday (both W/ payment of-course). Just trying to figure how much food to bring.

Dinner Friday night, no lunch on Saturday. JUST dinner on Friday night. The dinner is $10/person. This is happening at Twin Grove CG, where most of us are staying. Plan on packing yourself lunch/drinks snacks for each day your on the trail.

Saturday, the New Jersey Jeep Assoc. is doing their "Crawl for the Cure" run, and if you haven't pre-registered for this event, then you'll have to pay when you arrive for their BBQ. This BBQ is happening at Rausch Creek Saturday afternoon, starting at 4pm.

Last edited:
Actually, Andy, NJJA's BBQ starts at 4:00 on Saturday.

so who is wheelin what?

i'd like to do some blacks with a spritz of red

havent been to the new property yet either, is it still an extra 10 bucks?

Back