• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reno, May run: May 17th-20th

hopefully front end gets done today.
Rob is raising the track bar mount to raise the roll center, raise the track bar mount out of the rocks, also flatten out the track bar and the angles on the joints of the track bar, it will all tie into the truss setup and be double shear.

that way i can get it back, and start swapping it tomorrow night , and maybe get a little done on it tonight.

then break in gears, dial in caster, toe in, and any thing else.

If needed we can set up your toe and such when u get up here... Get it close and Saturday do it at my work before we go out

shoot thats a damn good deal. ill eyeball it then. i plan on getting the axle done tomorrow night and breaking in the gears tomorrow night.

i can even break them in on the drive up and change the front diff when we get there

got the front end back tonight. plan on swapping it in tomorrow night. gonna break in the gears thurs night or friday morning, wrench all day friday, and head up friday night. hopefully before 6pm. i plan on wheelin friday night.

i can do toe in 5 mins. caster will be a PIA having to remove arms to set it, but not too bad. I'm just hoping ball joints aren't shot and have bad camber.

I will be there along with Jon if he gets his rig going. if not, i will go pick his ass up and he can co-pilot with me.. Shoot, he can drive if he wants. I want to get the heck out of town!!!

yah i plan on driving my rig up there, if that doesnt work ill ride to terrances place in the DD and ride with him and drive allens junk. i plan on it being streetable within the next 3-4 hours

I was planning bud canyon at 9 pm.... So mccaran blvd and kingsrow....or meet downtown around then if needed My number is 775-225-8751
We can figure other times after that...

9pm is perfect since we wont be leavin sac until like 5pm.
im beat , got the axle in. did a quick toe in, and the caster measured ok, but looks like it has negative caster. i wouldnt mind measuring caster on sat at the shop if we can. but its driveable for now. basically put it back together from scratch, took my time and made dinner in the middle took about 5 hours. damn a long day.

we are probably gonna jam there and grab a cheap hotel hopefully get there in time to find something ok for not too much. anyone know any places downtown that are cheap on short notice. circus circus is 120$ the night before, ha, last year it was 35$ a night, but that was booked in advance.

i say if we leave sac at 5 we get there around 8 with stops.
i think meetiing downtown is the way to go.

There is a bunch of cheap hotels right off the freeway.... Just look it up online and call some places... I'd do it but the gf is grad today so ill be busy

I'll meet you guys at the trail head around 9?

Ill be up there a bit earlier.

From looking at the satellite images, it appears that there is plenty of room to park a trailer up by the trail, but I have never been up there to know for sure.

If this isn't the case, I would appreciate it if someone would post up so I can just leave the rig home...

Back