• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

putting a child seat in my 88 XJ

I think so. There's a member here who pointed me to his old XJ that has them. I think I'm good. I'll post back once I get them and get them installed, which I think will involve me cutting the AL ceiling trim piece at the rear top of the hatch in order to get them in. But I'll know more once I see them and fit them. I also suspect I'll have to drill/tap/weld too.

I got the tether hooks from a member here who pulled them out of a junker for me. Got them installed in my 88 version, and they look/work great. I butted them right up against the metal roof trim so I didn't have to cut the roof trim. Had to cut a slot in the roof frame member in order to slide a washer/nut on the hook to tighten it, but it tightened up easily. I like it: it lets me keep/use my cargo area and cargo floor, and makes the kid's seat a bit safer.

Thanks for all the responses and help with such a small matter. Appreciate it.

Good to know.

Those might be something to keep an eye out for in the junkyard. Even if you don't need them yourself they could benefit someone else.

I got the tether hooks from a member here who pulled them out of a junker for me. Got them installed in my 88 version, and they look/work great. I butted them right up against the metal roof trim so I didn't have to cut the roof trim. Had to cut a slot in the roof frame member in order to slide a washer/nut on the hook to tighten it, but it tightened up easily. I like it: it lets me keep/use my cargo area and cargo floor, and makes the kid's seat a bit safer.

Thanks for all the responses and help with such a small matter. Appreciate it.

pics???

Back