• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

My radiator has developed a little leak where the core is crimped to the plastic end tank. Is there anywhere in town to get an all metal one or is advanced/napa/checker just gonna have the ones with plastic end tanks. Id like to get an all metal one but need one in the next couple days, i dont wanna order one and wait a week for it.

made some good progress on the jeep today, got everything primed, sanded, and prepped.

I got it in the booth and about 90% masked...paint is going on the jeep tomorrow!!!

i also painted the bumpers, mirrors, door mouldings, handles, window mouldings all with this awesome stuff

heres the handles and one of the window mouldings

Looks really nice. I was thinking about repainting my sliders with that same stuff.

(And by really nice I mean holy crap finish it already I want to see the pictures of the damn nice Jeep!!!)

The duplicolor truck bed coating stuff is awesome, it has a nice uniform texture, nice sheen, and seems to be extremely durable when its cured. And believe me i want the jeep done more then any of you! I should have it all put together tomorrow and ill put some pics up tomorrow night or saturday.

Jealous... love that color!! i had the whole exterior of my first XJ painted in the duplicolor bedliner. Awesome stuff!

Damn. Gonna look sick. Wish i had access/skill to paint.

Damn. Gonna look sick. Wish i had access/skill to paint.

X2. Bravo Seth! :thumbup:

Man that jeep looks great, too pretty to wheel.

That's awesome man.

So how much of that Sahara Tan do you have left? :D

I dont have any left, a coworker of mine bought his own paint for his tj.

Got busy today so i didnt get the whole thing put back together, but got it about 90% done and drove it home

Ill post up a few more detailed pics in some lighting other than just direct sunlight once its all assembled and detailed

That pretty jeep really needs a CO chapter sticker. :)

Ill post up a few more detailed pics in some lighting other than just direct sunlight once its all assembled and detailed

Some 2500 tail lights would finish that thing off nicely:
Jeep2500_30.jpg

interested in a pair?

You know what else that Jeep needs? To be in my driveway! :D

Again..... nice work Seth. I really appreciate an employer/body shop that allows their employees to work on their own stuff on their own time. To me, it's kind of like allowing them to build and essentially display their resume'. The shop foreman/owner who has a customer concerned about the quality of the work that gets done in that shop can point to the employee lot and say "Well, here's some samples of what our guys can do." :thumbup:

Back