• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

I would just do 97+ bumpers and plastics and it would look sweet!

Same size tire I just put on mine with the same wheels. Oh and lucky you, you got the matching spare wheel. I am looking all over for one with no luck.

i only wanted 31" tires but i got a screaming good deal on these wheels, how much lift do you have joe? cause without cutting the fenders this thing is definately not wheel-able. Its just for looks though, just my daily driver.

I have about 5" now. Its a DD/camping xj. If i do anything dificult i will have to trim alot more. But thats not what i want to do with it so i should be fine.

You could always be really different and go for the Jeep 2500 look:
Jeep2500_53.jpg

i searched for about 2 days and read through all the old 2500 gb forums and it appears to be impossible to find those parts anymore lol, i would do that front end on my jeep if i could find the parts. The only thing i found were the tail lights on ebay.

i searched for about 2 days and read through all the old 2500 gb forums and it appears to be impossible to find those parts anymore lol, i would do that front end on my jeep if i could find the parts. The only thing i found were the tail lights on ebay.

Interesting, I guess the guy in china stopped trying to sell the sets on ebay, thats too bad, I wish I had gotten the mirrors and door handles when he had them online......dammit.

Luckily I got a couple of sets of the lights/header during the groupbuys!

so might you want to sell some of these lights/header? if not i was looking a little into the commander headlight swap...its not too bad looking but i think the 2500 is better.

RussianXJ.jpg

so might you want to sell some of these lights/header? if not i was looking a little into the commander headlight swap...its not too bad looking but i think the 2500 is better.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/RussianXJ.jpg

Sorry no, I have 2 sets, one for the MJ and one as a spare just in case.

this website appears to have contact info for our supplier, maybe worth shooting an email if you really want to see if you could still get them

http://alexparts.en.ecplaza.net/body-parts--43979-G1306.html

I think the XK headlights need to be done on a 97+ header, and with a little work the header panel could look right - with a little filler to fill in the gaps that is.

I wouldn't mind trying to do that someday.

I'm really diggin that tire size. I had been thinking the next size would be 33x10.5, but 33x11 is just a bit better.

I'm really diggin that tire size. I had been thinking the next size would be 33x10.5, but 33x11 is just a bit better.

if i was buying new i would have preferred 33x10.5" but 11" wide just happened to be the deal i found. A skinnier tire weighs less, sticks out less, stuffs better, just all around better in my opinion. Unless your building something just for crawling or hardcore offroading, then a wider tire would be more in your favor, but something skinnier works a little better i think as far as being more streetable.

Anyone looking to sell their Cherokee or know of a great deal around? I'll prob go have a look at Zlusters sometime this week.

if i hadnt of found the one i now own i was gonna go look at zlusters, his looks nice for the money, its tough finding nice ones for a halfway decent price right now

I found a smokin good deal on a pair of 97+ fenders with bushwacker pocket flares and couldnt pass them up

The flares are in really good condition, they could use a quick coat of black spray paint or some duplicor texture coating, but no cracks or anything

The 96- header panel doesnt fit the front of the fenders too great, but i put the fenders on anyways to see if i liked them

they look really good from the side and at an angle, but dead on they look really wide. I know they will look better once i paint the fenders green and have matching rear ones but im not convinced i like them enough to shell out the 200 bucks for the rear ones. Ive never been a huge fan of bushwackers, but ive never hated them either, im kinda on the fence.....whats your opinions?

I would love to buy iceland flares, or even the bw flat flares dont look too bad, but i dont wanna shell out $400+ for some flares

I think they only look good if the tires fit the flares. To me they make the tires look really small. This is what's keeping me from cutting more on my fenders. Dont care for the aftermarket flares and don't like the no flares to much. I think I am going to do what I did to my 94's flares and extend them.

I think they only look good if the tires fit the flares. To me they make the tires look really small. This is what's keeping me from cutting more on my fenders. Dont care for the aftermarket flares and don't like the no flares to much. I think I am going to do what I did to my 94's flares and extend them.

thats the problem, the rubi wheels sit flush with the factory flares but too far inside the bushwackers to look that great. Im thinking 4 rear tj flares might be the way to go if i take my time and fit them well...they still look factory, give more wheelwell space, theyre durable, and cheap!
images

Last edited:
Back