• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

Yesterday I could of posted some pics but last night my laptop crashed and lost everything. So no luck on the pics. Basically all I did was take two sets of flares, cut one set and then plastic welded them back together with pieces from the second set. Once they were painted you couldn't tell. This way you could cut a larger opening on the fender and have a stock looking flare.

I don't think its bad. Get the bushwackers for the rear, some wheel spacers, and paint obviously, that thing would look SWEET. Like a Factory Jeep Cherokee Rubicon.

i went ahead and ordered up a pair of new fenders for the jeep today since nobody close wanted to trade and i needed some asap. They will be here tomorrow so i can edge them and bolt em on then ill start fixing the few little dents here and there and the big dent in the rear door. The wholefront clip needs painted so ill probably just do a complete on it. Were slow/bored at work so a coworker of mine just did a color change on his tj from black to sahara tan. heres a cople pics of it

Its almost back together and looks awesome with all the black pieces back on it (mirrors/handles/flares/etc). Im seriously considering going sahara tan on the xj, or do you guys think i should stick to the factory metallic green...opinions?

heres what a put together sahara tan looks like:

205360_10150252337698275_640113274_9264223_7511670_n.jpg

I love that color on the JK's and I'm sure it would look tits on an XJ, especially if you had some body armor on it to give you some more black contrasting.

yeah ill keep the front grille/headlight surrounds, door mouldings, handles, mirrors, and bumpers all black. And would like black rocker protection and jcr quarter armor in black. If i dont do tan then my second choice would be rescue green, which is so ugly that it looks good.

21.jpg

No way, Rescue Green is my favorite JK color. Its like a metallic OD Green, I love it.

We got my coworkers tj all put back together today except for the decals and the top, it turned out really nice.

As much as i do like tan, i really didnt want my jeep the same color as the one parked next to it everyday, and i dont wanna take the extra time or spend the extra money to do the jambs. So i decided on something that wouldnt look as bad with green jambs.

One gallon of rescue green fresh off the paint shaker

Yeah, that Rescue Green is gonna look good Seth. :thumbup:

20111020-181448.jpg

Got my fenders on last night and put the flares on this morning....

Then took the afternoon off to go up to eagle rock with a friend of mine in his yj. Eagle rock was pretty much a solid sheet of ice, we made it to where the trail split and got more difficult and it was too icy/rocky for my little jeep to even attemp so i parked and hopped in my buddies jeep. We only made it another 50 feet or so before it was too icy for him to go on either. We turned around and i parked and rode with him for about 1/2-3/4 of saranwrap before he wanted to turn back since we only had one vehicle up there. The weather was beautiful and it was waaaay better then being at work.

thanks and thanks...it looks a lot better than it wheels though lol. It has a rear swaybar on it and i left it on because it drives awesome with both front and rear sway bars attached...zero body roll, but it doesnt flex for shit. I think ill do a little compromise and take the rear one off and get some disconnects for the front. Usually i just ditch both swaybars right off the bat but i want this one to be different and actually drive really nice lol

I got the roof painted today, a lot of times on completes if theres a good spot to break the roof (like drip rails) we paint the roof first on completes. It makes for a better job, less overspray on the sides and less chance of touching your hose or anything on the sides while trying to reach the middle of the roof.

This color is crazy! It has so much pearl, it looks awesome! In the booth it looks very gold, but outside if looks olive green and at certain angles you really see the green pearl and others show the gold pearl. heres a pic from above, you can really see the green pearl and the front left corner shows the gold pearl. The pic i took of the fenders really shows the gold off. I cant wait to get color on the rest of the jeep!

Back