• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

All you've done is initiated the gravity-assisted continuously-recirculating oil change.

I've been a participant of that program for years, it's fine.

Thats part of the reason the 4.0 can hold so much damn oil

All you've done is initiated the gravity-assisted continuously-recirculating oil change.

I've been a participant of that program for years, it's fine.

I just installed a new RMS a year or two ago. It started leaking on my way to SC a few months ago, and started leaking and smoking heavily yesterday coming back from a camping trip.

I'm not a fan of marking everywhere i park.. i'll need to fix it.

-Coils
-T-Case Drop
-Leafs
-Drop Brackets
-Brake Lines
-Exhaust
-Clutch (Done)
- Take my doors off
you know just a bit. and then hopefully I can get off work.

Well, it looks like my water pump is shot, and my radiator is clogged. Those need to get replaced, and a tranny cooler is getting added.

Add a couple more inches to my front bump stops.
limit straps, chain will work if I run out of time.
Rocker protection.
trim a little out of the rear flare.
try to make a rear bumper.

Biggest thing I have to do is now take my leaf packs apart & replace a broken leaf in each pack, same damn one in each pack snapped it half it looks like, dont know how long ive been driving like that.

Got something done this weekend:

1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing Done!!
1a. (New) Put coat of Rustoleum over primer on new rockers (waiting for warm weekend) One coat brushed on, thinking one more to go.
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed Done!!
3. Replace mangled OEM transfer case crossmember
4. Install HD tie rod from recent Group Buy
5. Select/Acquire/Install new front bumper with integrated recovery points (my Rusty's tow hook brackets have been structurally compromised) Trigger pulled - bumper is on order
5a. (New) Pick color to paint bumper when it arrives Color picked - hammerite silver, with black shackle tabs (to be reminiscient of my Laredo bumper with pusher pads)
5b. (New) Paint the doggone thing.
6. Fix my homebrew power mirror harness (outstanding from pre-Moab, it's annoying me because it worked fine all summer until the carpet was reinstalled three days before I hit the road for the 25th)
7. Tweak adjustment on my auto deflators
8. Redo power wiring on my Tsunami compressor before it pulls completely out of the fuse holder Connectors/fuse holder laid in, just need the wire
8. Watch the rest of the NACFest 2008 videos (got as far as me crossing of Rock Creek on Disc 1)
9. (New) Order/Install replacement diff cover on rear axle to replace peeling OEM - Painted and ready to install - gotta get a lubelocker now.
10. Coordinate meeting with MrShaft696 (he's buying my C4x4 rock rails) In Process
11. Register Done!!

Hey Rob, got those rock rails installed last weekend, not too much trouble, but one of the mounts was tweaked, and my frame rail and rocker had sustained previous damage, so I had to cut and re-drill it, but good to go otherwise.

Hey Rob, got those rock rails installed last weekend, not too much trouble, but one of the mounts was tweaked, and my frame rail and rocker had sustained previous damage, so I had to cut and re-drill it, but good to go otherwise.

I didn't realize I had managed to bend any of the mounts - which one was the problem, out of curiosity?

Glad to hear they didn't give you too much trouble. What trail you going to christen them on?

I didn't realize I had managed to bend any of the mounts - which one was the problem, out of curiosity?

Glad to hear they didn't give you too much trouble. What trail you going to christen them on?

The pass side front mount was a bit wavy, & it happens I had hit that part of the frame on the rocks before, so the mount was pointing down a little. Get some pics later.

1) install lift (done)
2) install better skidplating
3) install cb radio
4) install oba
5) install air horn
6) replace radiator
7) fix exhaust add lots of heats sheilds
8) fix bumper
9) find a place for a spare (done)
10) add front recovery point
11) put together a tool and spare parts bin (done)
12) go wheeling
and a couple extra things that poped up recently wheelbearings, fix steering, change shocks, install trans cooler, fix death wobble:shiver:, install electric fan, get lots of red bull

and a couple extra things that poped up recently wheelbearings, fix steering, change shocks, install trans cooler, fix death wobble:shiver:, install electric fan, get lots of red bull

Still looking for front recovery points? I have a Hi-Country Off-Road tow hook bracket set and a pair of their D-ring mounts that, in light of the bumper I ordered, I don't appear to need.

Rob

Still looking for front recovery points? I have a Hi-Country Off-Road tow hook bracket set and a pair of their D-ring mounts that, in light of the bumper I ordered, I don't appear to need.

Rob

when are you getting this thing?

Rob

yea i could definatly use a set of front tow hooks send me a pm

Just about done...

1. Lower the XJ a little (cut the front springs, and rebuild the rear leafs)Done
2. Put in the gauge package into the XJ, change sensors DONE
3. Change the CPS in the XJ (can you tell which Jeep is getting neglected?) Done
4. Put a winch bumper/winch on the MJ. Done, Bumper on, Winch on, need to raise the MJ now slightly
5. Figure out rear shock mounts on the XJ-- DONE!! (Gotta fill the shocks with N2 yet)

I am getting VERY close now. I wish I could shake-down the XJ a little before-hand, but I probably won't have time.

I probably won't have time.
Neither will I. Looks like mine won't be making it down this year. :(

To Finish:
- Assembling the rear D60
- Front links/mounts - DONE
- Rear links/mounts
- DONE
- Steering
- Plating the front of the unibody
- Semi-Complete
- Rear Bumper - Figured out in cardboard
- Welding the roof together - Semi-Complete