• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

Upon removal of my intake and manifold, I was able to see that my driver side motormount was shot. Brown Dogs are ordered, hopefully to ship out tomorrow.

Brakes all the way around on the trailer, and now an exhaust manifold on my F-350 V-10..... horrible job if anyone knows that engine.

Well, my To Do list is long, but it's mostly easy stuff ...

- Sell my stock tire carrier
- Actually receive my new bumper, paint it, get it mounted
- Mount the body armor
- Break in my gears & ensure the locker works (fun, fun!)
- Swap the Swampers back on
- Swap over speedo gear for the 32s
- Put a new shock on the rear hatch (involves a visit to the bone yard)
- Swap on "new" hatch or fix holes in existing hatch left over from the stock carrier
- change front wiper motor
- Check u-joints, grease, etc.
- Check all fluids, change/top off/fill what's necessary

Blah, blah, blah ... the more I write, the more I remember :( .

1. replace entire steering assist set-up...DONE
2. relocate and make a new trackbar...DONE
3. relocate steering assist ram...DONE
4. rear shocks...not sure of yet...DONE
5. tweak fuel set-up...DONE
6. drivers door glass...not gonna do yet...only gonna break it anyway
7. new battery...DONE
8. Tune-up oil, plugs, clean air filter...DONE

Lets rock 17 more days...woohoo :party:

STROKER

Neither will I. Looks like mine won't be making it down this year. :(

Long ways to go. :tears:

Sorry, I just saw this!!!!

Thats alright, get it done and plan on a trip down later in the year, like in the fall. I am sure we'll be able to put a group together to help you break it in.

Typically I have a pass seat open too. It sounds like you GF is coming too, we'll have to find a seat for her but that shouldn't be a problem.

You better go lube and adjust the gears on your Huffy though.... looks like your going to be needing that!!!:D:firedevil

A.

Thats alright, get it done and plan on a trip down later in the year, like in the fall. I am sure we'll be able to put a group together to help you break it in.

Typically I have a pass seat open too. It sounds like you GF is coming too, we'll have to find a seat for her but that shouldn't be a problem.

A.

Just like the M&G we had up here in Jan, there is a space open for both Bill and Angel in my Jeep.

My list:
Replace water pump - done
Replace radiator - done
Replace exhaust header - done
Replace t-stat - done.
Break mech fan shroud - done

Left to do:
Install motor mounts once they come in
Get new mech fan shroud
Install junkyard T-case and H&T it.
Install belly pan
Weld up front bumper and install winch

Nothing to add after last weekend.

I'm gonna try to accelerate this process a little bit...I signed up to run the Uwharrie 4x4cross race over Memorial Day Weekend. Should be a good time. :D

Well, be careful what you wish for. I finally have some stuff to fix.

Bad news is, I dunno if I'll be able to get this stuff fixed before NACFest...we'll see what happens. I'm not even sure if I have a good plan on how to fix it yet. :dunno: Between RCRocs and the Line Mt. 7-miler that weekend I may come up and hang out for a night or two anyway.

This will make more sense once I get a few pics uploaded.

Sorry, I just saw this!!!!

You better go lube and adjust the gears on your Huffy though.... looks like your going to be needing that!!!:D:firedevil
A.
Ya, I'm not happy about it but between lack of funds and time I just wasn't going to make it. :(

I appreciate the offer on the open seat I might take you up on that on a trail or two!

As for my Trek; the forks are lubed, chain lubed, tires pumped and ready. :laugh3:

Just like the M&G we had up here in Jan, there is a space open for both Bill and Angel in my Jeep.
Thanks Mark. You've got quite a list for the amount of time you've got. Better get cracking!
Oh boy :shiver:, hopefully it isn't to bad.

Bad news is, I dunno if I'll be able to get this stuff fixed before NACFest...we'll see what happens. I'm not even sure if I have a good plan on how to fix it yet. :dunno: Between RCRocs and the Line Mt. 7-miler that weekend I may come up and hang out for a night or two anyway.

This will make more sense once I get a few pics uploaded.

LOL.... what did you do??? Sounds serious...

Yer killin' me, you were "in" to do some trail guiding for the event. Should I take you off the list?

Andy, I'm gonna do the best I can, but it's going to take a little bit of work before I even have a good idea of what I'll need to do in order to get it reliable again.

Here's the driver side frame rail...looks OK, right?

4551_567121726599_24800499_33591839_8305993_n.jpg

Uh oh...

4551_567121731589_24800499_33591840_4733540_n.jpg

4551_567121736579_24800499_33591841_7583997_n.jpg

Probably the worst one...

n24800499_33591842_1851856.jpg

Right now the steering box and track bar are flopping & moving around pretty significantly and the torque placed on the driver side motor mount isn't helping at all. I'll keep ya posted.

OUCHHH. good luck, sir! that sucks

More progress this weekend:

1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing Done!!
1a. (New) Put coat of Rustoleum over primer on new rockers (waiting for warm weekend) One coat brushed on, thinking one more to go.
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed Done!!
3. Replace mangled OEM transfer case crossmember
4. Install HD tie rod from recent Group Buy Got rod ends, installed on new rod, but couldn't get nuts loose on the original rod.
5. Select/Acquire/Install new front bumper with integrated recovery points (my Rusty's tow hook brackets have been structurally compromised) Trigger pulled - bumper is on order
5a. (New) Pick color to paint bumper when it arrives Color picked - hammerite silver, with black shackle tabs (to be reminiscient of my Laredo bumper with pusher pads)
5b. (New) Paint the doggone thing. Hammerite Silver is on and done, just need to put the black on the shackle tabs (tonight, inside the garage)
6. Fix my homebrew power mirror harness (outstanding from pre-Moab, it's annoying me because it worked fine all summer until the carpet was reinstalled three days before I hit the road for the 25th)
7. Tweak adjustment on my auto deflators
8. Redo power wiring on my Tsunami compressor before it pulls completely out of the fuse holder Connectors/fuse holder laid in, just need the wire
8. Watch the rest of the NACFest 2008 videos (got as far as me crossing of Rock Creek on Disc 1)
9. (New) Order/Install replacement diff cover on rear axle to replace peeling OEM - Cover painted, lubelocker and gear oil in-house, getting the snapped Craftsman 3/16" hex bits replaced tonight. After the last time (one bit twisted, 3-4 snapped) , I won't even start this without multiple bits on hand.
10. Coordinate meeting with MrShaft696 (he's buying my C4x4 rock rails) Done!! (a while ago, forgot to check it off the list)
11. Register Done!!

Andy, I'm gonna do the best I can, but it's going to take a little bit of work before I even have a good idea of what I'll need to do in order to get it reliable again.

Uh oh...

Right now the steering box and track bar are flopping & moving around pretty significantly and the torque placed on the driver side motor mount isn't helping at all. I'll keep ya posted.

:scared:Thats not good.... not at all...

I have all the faith in you though, I am sure in no time it will be as overbuilt as the rest of the Jeep!!!

Originally Posted by Supermanxj

Lets see.
  1. Put Adj. Lca and Uca's on Check!!
  2. Budget boost acos on!
  3. remove 8.25 add D44 W/ aussie woriking on it (see below)
  4. Wheel adapters check
  5. Put on 33's... Need some bumpstop!!!! front on
  6. remove carpet and trim check
  7. remove doors!! check
  8. replace rockers
  9. frt. LCA skids...CHECK!!!
Probably something I am missing but Such is life

Josh

tried installing the aussie and my thrust washers looked like this hahhaa:laugh:

thrustwasher1.jpg

But here is a progress shot

doorless.jpg

Uh oh...

c'mon chris a few more plates the welder your good to go:yelclap:.
Thats a bad break there hopefully you can get it fixed by the fest...

STROKER

still gotta swap the stearing box and maybee the pump, change diff fluids, and hopefully get some spare shafts

My updated list

DONE
Get, clean, and paint new leaf springs for SOA
Spring over in rear & install 8.25
Install rear bumper
Install driver's side slider
Shim up hood for better cooling
Install new tie rod and ends

STILL TO DO
Install front bumper and other slider
Relocate vacuum ball and horn
Adjust drag-link to straighten steering wheel