• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

MoparManiac said:
Get some real tires DONE! Got some MTZs
Swap to 99+intake and APN header
Brown Dog Motor Mounts
Get shorter rear shocks DONE! Stock rear YJ shocks
Redo tranny lines
New radiator hoses
Durango Box + WJ PS pump (my box is on it's way out)
Recharge A/C (yes I'm a girl) DONE! Sort of...it still blows cold

So...those are done but now I either need to regear the front or HOPEFULLY buy Liza's HP44.

IMG_3177.jpg

Ive got to:

Get a new crossmember and install it.
Fix my T-case mount.
Get my rear bumper hardware and bolt it up.

I got my tnt hd belly pan bolted up, but now I get this horrible clunking noise from under my feet when I start the thing up and when I take off from a dead stop. and I did tighten my t_case down all the way. so next on the list is to fix what ever is making that sound.

new list:
fix sound
replace T-case rear seal.
get nut strips and hardware for bumper

not important but:
get my new hella's wired up

yeah, I am gonna have fun this year since I am not competing, I have this trip planned and another in July but it is local so it won't be a strain, just gotta take it easier than I am used to for a while is all

Little update:

1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing Done!!
1a. (New) Put coat of Rustoleum over primer on new rockers (waiting for warm weekend)
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed Done!!
3. Replace mangled OEM transfer case crossmember
4. Install HD tie rod from recent Group Buy
5. Select/Acquire/Install new front bumper with integrated recovery points (my Rusty's tow hook brackets have been structurally compromised)
6. Fix my homebrew power mirror harness (outstanding from pre-Moab, it's annoying me because it worked fine all summer until the carpet was reinstalled three days before I hit the road for the 25th)
7. Tweak adjustment on my auto deflators
8. Redo power wiring on my Tsunami compressor before it pulls completely out of the fuse holder
8. Watch the rest of the NACFest 2008 videos (got as far as me crossing of Rock Creek on Disc 1)
9. (New) Order/Install replacement diff cover on rear axle to replace peeling OEM - expect to order a "Gravel Maker" from RuffStuff by weekend.
10. Coordinate meeting with MrShaft696 (he's buying my C4x4 rock rails) In Process

got my V8 ZJ tie rod in / Allignment done. Ordered new swaybar brackets & bushings (not that that helps Offroad... but maybe helps me get there safely)

Gonna order UCAs, Probably RC. that will be done this week.

Still need the YJ front brake lines but thats a trip to napa so... last thing is rear brakes. Damn drums... Bring the suck.

i got so much shit to do I'm gonna probably have to back out ...

-Fix rusted out floors
-rebuild drive shafts and replace u-joins in axle
-Rebuild 8.25 with Detroit and 4.56 sitting in my back yard, install it
and re-gear front D30
or
diagnose noise in current rear and fix
Taken Care of See List

-rear tow point
-fight electrical gremlin with headlights...

and Im sure there's other stupid lil crap ...

cracked my windshield the other day so guess I'll have to do that before I go ...

oh yea and come up with money to fund all this and get there...:clap:

just been a crappy year ...

Well maybe I will just have to go ...

Finally got it back on the road

BRAND NEW
Steering Pump, Pulley, and hose
4 TRE'S
Water Pump
Thermostat
Thermostat housing
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose
Belt
Alternator
Rebuilt Both Drive Shafts - U joints and Both CV Joints (clunk i tough was axle was drive shaft)

Home Done Alignment

Drives Like a Dream .... well for a Turd ... :dunce:

to buy:
steel for rockers
steel for front unibody stiffeners (maybe)
WJ swap stuff mostly paid for, still need rotors, pads, TREs, lower WJ BJ's, and unit bearings
taller coils DONE

didn't end up doing anything on this list, but i put a new heim joint in the track bar, re-bled the brakes and fixed a bent/loose caliper bolt and fabbed up a cat-back exhaust... not a bad day, overall. slow, and with beers. so it was a good day. i'm getting there...

to do:
weld on ruff stuff stiffeners
fab new rockers/rock rails
weld on front unibody stiffeners (after making them)
install taller coils DONE
install and adjust rock krawler control arms DONE
install new front driveshaft
install new edelbrock shocks FRONT'S DONE
install WJ steering and brakes stuff
re-fab new bumper mounts
fab new crossmember mounting system?
LCA skids?
install RE SS lines DONE
install new D30 seals DONE

maybe some hockey puck bumpstopping, if there's time bought the pucks, still need to drill them, but the coil buckets are drilled and tapped for 7/16-20

you should finish one jeep at a time.

I have some more to add, though I finished my 99+ intake and APN header swap.

Pickup HP44 :D
Gear it to 4.88 (Bill and Mark agreed to help. Thanks guys!)
Fab up OTK steering for now with stock Ford knuckles and 1-ton ends (Ross is going to help, thanks man!)
Buy superior evos for XJ44
Get new 5x5.5 wheels
Bolt it all on :D

I paid to go to the event, that was on my list for a while

Back