• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projects to complete before NAC-Fest....

Andy, I'm gonna do the best I can, but it's going to take a little bit of work before I even have a good idea of what I'll need to do in order to get it reliable again.

Here's the driver side frame rail...looks OK, right?

4551_567121726599_24800499_33591839_8305993_n.jpg

Uh oh...

4551_567121731589_24800499_33591840_4733540_n.jpg

4551_567121736579_24800499_33591841_7583997_n.jpg

Probably the worst one...

n24800499_33591842_1851856.jpg

Right now the steering box and track bar are flopping & moving around pretty significantly and the torque placed on the driver side motor mount isn't helping at all. I'll keep ya posted.

just use a bunch of ty-wraps to hold her together long enough to get you through nacfest :farmer:

vette, at least that didn't happen AT nacfest...

i started on the WJ swap yesterday. going to do some fab at ross's house today. smells like progress.

biggest things i got to do
register
steering box sawp
stock tires
cd player(theres no way im makin a 7 hr trip without one)
alighnment

Made some more progress this weekend. Finished up installing the bumpers and sliders, adjusted drag link and tie rod, relocated horn and vacuum ball, shimmed over CAD motor - and forgot to cap the vacuum lines properly so now I only get air blowing out of the defroster:rof:

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

More progress this weekend. Splitting the list into "done" and "not done"

Done:
1. Have rotted/rusted rockers replaced with HD tubing
1a. (New) Put coat of Rustoleum over primer on new rockers (waiting for warm weekend) One coat brushed on for now, another after NACFest
2. Have rusted rear quarter panels addressed
3. Select/Acquire new front bumper with integrated recovery points (my Rusty's tow hook brackets have been structurally compromised)
3a. Pick color to paint bumper when it arrives Hammerite silver, with black shackle tabs (to be reminiscient of my Laredo bumper with pusher pads)
4. Order/Install replacement diff cover on rear axle to replace peeling OEM Installed yesterday.
5. Coordinate meeting with MrShaft696 (he's buying my C4x4 rock rails)
6. Register

Not Done:
1. Replace mangled OEM transfer case crossmember Postponed for now
2. Install HD tie rod from recent Group Buy Have rod ends installed on new rod, will get help next weekend on this
3. Paint bumper. Silver done, first coat black on tabs, one more coat of that tonight and then a little brush touch-up of the silver
4. Install bumper. Arrangements made to do this next Sunday morning.
5. Fix my homebrew power mirror harness (outstanding from pre-Moab, it's annoying me because it worked fine all summer until the carpet was reinstalled three days before I hit the road for the 25th)
6. Tweak adjustment on my auto deflators
7. Redo power wiring on my Tsunami compressor before it pulls completely out of the fuse holder Still hunting for wire, may postpone until after NACFest
8. Watch the rest of the NACFest 2008 videos (got as far as me crossing of Rock Creek on Disc 1)

Im almost ready to roll now, all major projects are completed, just a few odds and ends garbage. Have to post up my progress pics later.

Well the HP44 is under the jeep and all is well so far.

Just gotta get the bumpstops in and swap to a shorter front driveshaft that Anthony was kind enough to trade me for a durango box.

Also kind of want to pick up a spare set of front shafts.

to buy:
steel for rockers next week
steel for front unibody stiffeners (maybe) DONE
WJ swap stuff DONE
taller coils DONE

to do:
weld on ruff stuff stiffeners next week
fab new rockers/rock rails next week after i get steel
weld on front unibody stiffeners (after making them) welding tomorrow
install taller coils DONE
install and adjust rock krawler control arms DONE
install new front driveshaft DONE
install new edelbrock shocks FRONT'S DONE
install WJ steering and brakes stuff everything is fabricated (thanks ross) and apart and I have the parts, just gotta put it back together
re-fab new bumper mounts tomorrow or friday
fab new crossmember mounting system next week after i get steel
LCA skids DONE
install RE SS lines DONE
install new D30 seals DONE
maybe some hockey puck bumpstopping, if there's time DONE

new things:
rebuild and install durango box rebuilding it tonight

my list is getting there.

I got a lot done, sandblasted and repainted my Conferr rack and made a mount for a high lift. Front pump stops came it, just need to install, order Superails two weeks ago, I hope they will be here soon. I was going to make them but I had to make a rear bumper as well and I'm running out of time. Rear bumper started, just need to fill in under the tail lights but I could run as is.
009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

Move to NH Kind of done

'96 XJ:
Swap tires on to my beadlocks need to finish this week
Install Suckdown winch maybe next week monday?
Install New steering done
Frame Stiffners not happening before nacfest

'87 XJ
Wire for the winch done
Install Hitch to replace pretzeled rear tow hook not done
Replace floors and bedline if I have time not going to bother since this is going to become a whole new buggy project soon

I think were bringing both jeeps this year... change of plans and only bringing the '96 XJ due to time constraints

LobsterDMB said:
change of plans and only bringing the '96 XJ due to time constraints

So, who's driving then?

Will probably switch it up through-out the weekend.

Cool. Sorry to hear you won't be bringing Melissa's Jeep along.

And yes, I'd be interested in the crossmember, thanks.

Alright, the XJ is back together again and operational. :D

Not a bad turnaround. It's amazing to me how routine this stuff is now when years ago I would have been scared crapless about it. :eek:

Details later, now I gotta confirm when I can get off work etc. and I'll get back to y'all on the trail guide stuff.

Alright, the XJ is back together again and operational. :D

Not a bad turnaround. It's amazing to me how routine this stuff is now when years ago I would have been scared crapless about it. :eek:

Details later, now I gotta confirm when I can get off work etc. and I'll get back to y'all on the trail guide stuff.

:thumbup: Good to hear man.

Can't wait to see it in action.

1) install lift -done
2) install better skidplating-meh
3) install cb radio -doing it right now
4) install oba -it can wait
5) install air horn -it can wait
6) replace radiator - done
7) fix exhaust add lots of heats sheilds -done
8) fix bumper -who fixes bumpers
9) find a place for a spare - done
10) add front recovery point- done
11) put together a tool and spare parts bin- done
12) go wheeling

fixed death wobble, installed transmission cooler,and power steering cooler, replaced passenger unit bearing, new upper and lower super flex arms installed, shaved the 8.25, changed the shocks, changed the oil, rebalenced the tires. i think i got everything coverd

:cheers: i just want to get there already and wheel the hell outta my jeep

Back