• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Olive Drab

Unfortunate to hear about this XJ being stripped. Perhaps you'll have a change of heart...

If not, care to sell the body, save me some painting time lol. :D

How come you are gonna strip the XJ, gonna move parts to the ZJ? LMK when you wan to sell some stuff, I think I could still find my way to your house.

Sob, sniff, tears. so where will we be able to follow this new build? You are going to let us watch aren't you???? I bet a few things have already happened that you haven't told us about!:eye:

I will be selling the body intact to someone, would like to see it live on. Buyer will need to address some floor rot (i may fix) and a spot above windshield that just appeared. It also has a Claytons Longarm crossmember welded in.

Plan is to pull the 4.0/AW4/242 and put in garage for future use. Axles, front suspension, winch, and other gadjets swapped to ZJ. Sell the rest..

I know it doesnt make much sense, but i'm ready to move on to a new platform. I'v known this is my last XJ for some time now..

Man I don't even think I had seen this thread before! Awesome work John!

Depressing you're letting it go though...I haven't even had a chance to wheel with ya yet!

I don't blame you, I've been tempted to get a ZJ to wheel a couple times.

So the wife doesn't want to give up the V-8, will she give up shiny paint for OD????

Heres a ZJ that i see mine resembling. I like the stance, it's right about where mine would sit. Another thing i like is the winch mount utilized with the stock bumpers, saving a couple hundred pounds.

ooooops..

ZJstance.jpg

What are you gonna use for axles behind that five-nine?

Think the 30 will take it?

Robert

i'm suddenly motivated to paint my xj OD! even though i do have a marroon interior.... i need a new paint job, and i can do this for cheap! maybe that will be next years mission.

i really want an iltis! LIKE COME ON! LOOK AT ITS ARTICULATION!
pics-med-14974-330606-vw-iltis.jpg
seriously though. there are so many options for them, i'd love to have one.

Last edited:
Heres the Wifes 93 Limited with the 5.2L w/Upcountry that she wont let go of... unless i buy her a WJ. Which isnt happening on my laid-off salary.

updatedZJ003.jpg

And OverlandZJ, the 98 Laredo with 4.0 and 242 that my BIL gave me 2 years ago. He developed a nasty knocking sound right after having the transmission rebuilt... it turned out to be a wasted ujoint at D30 pinion. This was to be for my daughter but she wants a Wrangler, it would be ideal if i could trade OverlandXJ's body for a YJ/TJ body and frame.

I have done a full tune on this, flushed and installed new fluids, and picked up Leather seating for it. It's dirty and smells of my BIL's dog, but once it warms i'll strip the interior and redo it.

I'll start a new thread sooner or later..

Dads98ZJ001.jpg

Back