• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project MixNMatch aka MallCrawler

Wheel spacers installed.

FYI - If you have a 8.8, go ahead and get 1.5" spacers instead of 1.25". The studs on the 8.8 were 1/8" longer than the spacer. 5 min with a sawzall trimmed them down, but it was an unexpected step.

Fixed the speedo also, it wasn't clocked properly :doh:

Next plan is to grab a 97+ console bracket from Midwest Jeeps and try to get the center console and e-brake handle installed. This is mainly so Kim has a cupholder. :rolleyes:

Wheel spacers installed.

FYI - If you have a 8.8, go ahead and get 1.5" spacers instead of 1.25". The studs on the 8.8 were 1/8" longer than the spacer. 5 min with a sawzall trimmed them down, but it was an unexpected step.

Fixed the speedo also, it wasn't clocked properly :doh:

Next plan is to grab a 97+ console bracket from Midwest Jeeps and try to get the center console and e-brake handle installed. This is mainly so Kim has a cupholder. :rolleyes:

Happy wife, happy life!

Actually found a complete 97+ console bracket at the junkyard. $5 :D

2E531E83-D913-4914-8B73-6D2EB015DE6D_zpsifghjvgt.jpg

Hmmm...so not broken these are worth $$...

mac 'always looking' gyvr

97+ console installed. Makes the interior seem much newer, and the cupholders are a huge plus. In the corner of the pic you can see the stereo I snagged from work for $0. Need a wiring harness and then we'll have more than one station to listen to :wierd:

16ECCFD4-DCEF-4A2A-84C0-947FA54E527F_zpsnkdujgl8.jpg

Used it to bring home this year's Christmas tree.

jeepchristmastree_zpsf787d04f.jpg

Next round of days off the winch bumper will be prepped for install, have to get it on before any snow flies so it has one set of tow points.

So all you need is the console and that bracket?

That is a great upgrade for older body style XJs...and the cup holders...how awesome is that!

mac 'would've loved to have done that to mine' gyvr

That is a great upgrade for older body style XJs...and the cup holders...how awesome is that!

Yes. Wish I would've pulled the one out of the jeep I parted for mine.

You need a good ashtray? Got a couple that the lid isn't broke.

You have the metal insert? Need one for baby jeep and some u bolts ;)

Yep. I didn't install the parking brake handle because the cables and whatnot aren't ran yet. That will take a little fab work to cover the hole since they're not the same. Grab the rear heat duct from the 97+, it is different also.

Dan if you have a good ashtray I would be interested.

I know a guy with some sweet lights for sale.....:D

what is also sweet about the 97 up console in a 96 down is that a slim line CB will fit perfectly in the front of the console where it meets the dash. I had mine installed like that in Goldie...and it was tits wigglin'. It makes it easy to hide the wires too.

Cheese "breaker, breaker 1-9, got your ears on?" Man

Back