• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp tires any good?

FlexdXJ said:
Have you checked treadwright.com? I got my tires there for 50 each in a 235/75. They are re-treads but mine are BFG A/T casings

I run those right now, I've had great luck with them but they are friggin loud. If you're daily driving, I don't recommend them.

nosigma said:
Just so there is not confusion on smaller tires being two ply:

John

I was referring to XTerrains only.

i had a set of 31 pro comp mud terrains and they where good now i have a set of 33 xtreme mud terrains and love them the did great this winter in the snow and have had them on for all most 10000 miles and they are wearing very good.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I run those right now, I've had great luck with them but they are friggin loud. If you're daily driving, I don't recommend them.

I really don't think mine are that loud. Its probably around what a BFG M/T would sound like. Its not loud like swampers or boggers. THOSE ARE LOUD. For 50 bucks these tires are damn good:clap:

I have some BFG MT's that have taken major abuse, with no ill effects. some one even tried to slash one with a pocket knife and apparently only got through the first layer of sidewall. They dig fast though, so you have to be careful about loosing traction or you will be in a deep hole quick like.

Well it sounds like Mud Terrains are still my best bet.

I'll check out 4wheelparts later, it so happens to be located litterally 2 feet from my bike shop. So when I get my pay check I'll check it out.

Just be aware that the Pro Comp "sale" is not what it appears. If you compare the price of an individual tire before the sale and during the sale, you'll see that they jack the prices up on the three tires that you pay for.

Sure it's only a few bucks per tire, but you're not saving as much as you THINK you're saving.

BRIANHO13 said:
35" ProComp MT driving down the road, there was no previous damage.

qspg7l.jpg
just go with mickey tomsons baja32's dosent get any better:eeks1:

I have the Detination MT Firestones and have beat the snot out of them. Extremely sticky. I have gouged them up pretty bad especially on the sidewall, withought a single problem. My only gripe is the bead protector is too small. I will buy them again.

I have been running the ProComp Xtreme MTs (33x12.5) on 15x10 wheel for the past few months and I like them. They have triple ply sidewall and fairly aggressive siping. They do make some road noise but it's a mud tire - that being said, they make much less noise than I expected. My XJ is not my daily driver - I have BFG ATKOs on the daily driver.

Back