• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible GM buyout

housemaster0630

NAXJA Forum User
ive been reading a lot about the possible GM buyout of Chrysler

what do you think is going to happen with Jeep when this happens

i know they will keep Jeep around because they said they are going to keep jeep and Chrysler minivans.

im hoping they will bring back the 4.0l and redesign it like they did with the Chevy 4.2l

(and hopefully bring back the Cherokee)

your thoughts?

Their's nothing I would love more than a re-designed Chevy Cherokee with a 5.3 V8:clap:

They just got a loan from the Feds to stay in bidness and retool thier own GM plants.(in order to keep up with the federal govt EPA and safety regs that get dumber every year) I doubt they would have any re-tooling plans for the Mopar plants.
Mabye they would sh1tcan that comp-ass.

They'll just rebadge current gm shiatboxes with ifs and irs as jeeps and kill off all current jeep models -> FACT

They'll just rebadge current gm shiatboxes with ifs and irs as jeeps and kill off all current jeep models -> FACT

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone else realizes it too:yelclap:. i dont know about you, but i do not trust ifs on a 1 ton pickup at all, especially one that puts out more then 600 lbft of torque.

Jeep is the only profitable division in Chrysler. GM is hurtin for cash just like Chrysler and Ford. I doubt GM would, or even could, buy anything.
Nobody would bring back the XJ. Or the 4.0L. That type of SUV is no longer selling, plus Jeep now has the JK unlimited. The 4.0 wouldn't meet current regs and uses too much gas for peoples' taste today. People aren't as interested in low end torque and simple design anymore. I love my 4.0, but the current crop of egines available are better engines than our beloved 4.0.

Chrysler is almost as large as GM, both company's are hurting, why double the blow?

I hate Chrysler, but i hate GM even more, GM's idea of a 4wd is the Hummer h2/3 they would Annihilate Everything Jeep has going for it. Just like hummer.

Jeep is the only profitable division in Chrysler. GM is hurtin for cash just like Chrysler and Ford. I doubt GM would, or even could, buy anything.
Nobody would bring back the XJ. Or the 4.0L. That type of SUV is no longer selling, plus Jeep now has the JK unlimited. The 4.0 wouldn't meet current regs and uses too much gas for peoples' taste today. People aren't as interested in low end torque and simple design anymore. I love my 4.0, but the current crop of egines available are better engines than our beloved 4.0.
X2
The 4.0 is a great engine, but its a dinosaur, its a wonder they kept it alive as long as they did. 4dr JK=Modern XJ

yep, infact i believe the JK is the only one still running a straight axle. the new grand cherokee is IFS

gm now nakes a z71 that is two wheel drive... its just an appearance package. what else can be said for their offroad capable vehicles... or lack there of.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone else realizes it too:yelclap:. i dont know about you, but i do not trust ifs on a 1 ton pickup at all, especially one that puts out more then 600 lbft of torque.

um dude the 1 ton trucks still have a SFA. Jeep just needs to be its own company if GM buys Chrysler

I just heard that Nissan is in talks to buy Jeep...

Back