• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible GM buyout

Looks pretty good, and if the diesel performs like that 5.7....:drool:

From the first google hit..........

The Tundra has proven to be anything but a decent competitor. Yet Americans current obsession with Japanese vehicles makes the mindless masses assume it is a quality truck. The thing shakes, rattles and rolls more than Elvis's hips!

Good Luck...Toyota can't even keep up with the 1/2 ton market! Being a company well renound with quality, they're Tundra has yet to exceed truck buyers expectations of a quality truck! For the Tundra being the first year out in production it should have been tested more, way too many problems! Just because they make a good television commercial doesn't mean they make a good truck.

Toyota has been facing a long, hard learning curve with the 1/2 ton Tundra. While I understand their desire to break into the HD segment, I really think they should wait until the next version of the Tundra comes out before they try to make any HD versions.

The current Tundra has already had poor reliability and has shown several physical weaknesses that should make any knowledgable consumer think twice before buying one. If the HD versions try to build on the 1/2 ton version, I think the reliability problems will only be magnified!

I think that they should do it. Toyota has already created not only a better looking Tundra, but a better engine as well. Sure, there are going to be problems with it. IT'S THE FIRST TIME THAT THEY ARE COMING OUT WITH A HEAVY DUTY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ! IT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET. As for the redesigned 2007 model, it just came out this year PEOPLE!!!!! It's not supposed to be perfect! Give the crticisms a rest! If the problems persist in the coming years, then feel free to open your traps and express your feelings freely.

It won't sell. It is common knowledge that 3/4 and 1 ton pickup buyers are more loyal than 1/2 ton owners are, so Toyota will have a pretty hard time just trying to sell it to those that will buy this thing. Plus, the interior of the concept HD Tundra was hideous, as bad as the interior in my parents 03 Suburban. And they panned GM for using hard plastics!:p

I think that they should do it. Toyota has already created not only a better looking Tundra, but a better engine as well. Sure, there are going to be problems with it. IT'S THE FIRST TIME THAT THEY ARE COMING OUT WITH A HEAVY DUTY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ! IT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET. As for the redesigned 2007 model, it just came out this year PEOPLE!!!!! It's not supposed to be perfect! Give the crticisms a rest! If the problems persist in the coming years, then feel free to open your traps and express your feelings freely.

No more yellow monkeys jumping on the bed!

You're correct the only non-ifs Jeep is the Wrangler, who the hell knows how long that will last. People don't buy a vehicle for its capability, they want it to be comfortable and easy to drive on the street, well except maybe people here.

Based on some inside info, I would guess to see cummins team up with toyota. They are in talks about having the smaller engines painted. I would bet if any car company wanted them painted, it would be toyota.

Flexdxj, you didn't hear that from me. Thanks

I personally would take a toyota over any ford or GM product anyday.

Obviously you don't own a HD truck. :rolleyes:

Toyota doesn't make anything that can come close or even compare to a HD truck offered by Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

the whole reason for switching to ford is the solid front axle.... and if dodge ever does make the switch to ifs, i would trust it more then any toyota:jester:... o and lets not forget, toyota doesnt make a truck heavy duty enough to deal with what i need it for:dunno:

Pretty sure the new Ford trucks have IFS...at least my dad's 07 F250 diesel is IFS....IIRC...

Pretty sure the new Ford trucks have IFS...at least my dad's 07 F250 diesel is IFS....IIRC...

Almost IFS.

Twin Traction Beam isn't as good as a solid axle but not as bad as IFS.

Pretty sure the F350 is still soild axle, and I'm not sure that all 4x4 F250's are TTB.

Whether F250 or F350 2wd is IFS and 4x4 is solid axle.

F250 4x4 has a Dana 50 front axle and the F-350 has a Dana 60 front axle.

Is this an actual respectable source, or just random people's comments?

Top resposes to a respectable artical regarding the new Tundra and its significant issues and discusses the possibility of a HD yota.

I have no problem with toyota at all. I think they make the best cars today but as of today, their trucks cannot compete with the US trucks even on the 1/2 ton level never mind 3/4 or 1 ton level. When they realize what the truck market really is, I beleive they will be a good contender but I don't beleive it will happen overnight.

I have an associate who just retired from a lifetime of being a contractor and he has a newer Tundra. I was making short talk with him and asked about how he thought it would hold up under 'real use' and he said if he had to use it day in day out as a work truck, it wouldn't last a year but as a non-commercial piece of daily transportation, he couldn't be happier. He says it drives so well and is very comfortable but as a work truck, not going to happen. I was VERY surprised by this.

I was making short talk with him and asked about how he thought it would hold up under 'real use' and he said if he had to use it day in day out as a work truck, it wouldn't last a yea...

It's because of those square driveshafts...

Quote:
Who is this guy?(not you Cracker, the original quotation ) 25-35Gs for a vehicle in a market segment KNOWN for 45-50% profit margins. Just what i want to hear from a dealership: Ya, it has problems, but it's the first year in production. Thanks for the extra 10 grand. Hay! I know. Bring it back to us next year and trade it in on the new improved model. We'll make you a sweet deal!"

No thanks.

Who is this guy?(not you Cracker, the original quotation ) 25-35Gs for a vehicle in a market segment KNOWN for 45-50% profit margins. Just what i want to hear from a dealership: Ya, it has problems, but it's the first year in production. Thanks for the extra 10 grand. Hay! I know. Bring it back to us next year and trade it in on the new improved model. We'll make you a sweet deal!"

No thanks.

:dunno:

It was one of the comments under that story. I thought it was out there too.

Whether F250 or F350 2wd is IFS and 4x4 is solid axle.

F250 4x4 has a Dana 50 front axle and the F-350 has a Dana 60 front axle.

My 05 F250 has a D60 in the front. At least the cover is the same as the D60. Is the cover the same between the two?

Fom what I was told at the Tulare farm show Toyota and Cummins are talking, but Toyota is leaning toward the 4 cylinder. If that is the case, then why not stay with an American brand and get a Dodge. I have two and love both of them.

I am selling one and the Ford so we can buy an 08 3500.

My 05 F250 has a D60 in the front. At least the cover is the same as the D60. Is the cover the same between the two?

Yup. Same cover.

The axles are hard to differentiate between the two but the most basic difference (internally) is that the ring gear is smaller on your truck (F-250).

well, if i needed to haul a little and drive on paved roads alot, then i might want one, but i have a f350 with d60s front and rear. its a beast. with my 7.3l power stroke its gonna do what i want it to do. little 4cyl motor or even the 5.7 cant beat my 7.3.
even if i take the chip, intake elbow, injectors and propane off, and throw the stock exhaust and small turbo back in. :laugh:

but seriously, it just wont do what i need it to do on my ranch. i need solid axles, low gears, and lots of power and torque.

Actually everything should be the same between a Dana 60 and Dana 50 except for the ring gear and carrier. Support for the 50 has grown substantially since it has been spec'd by Ford for a while although not much can compare to aftermarket support to a Dana 30, 44 or 60.

Back