• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

You can get a setup like this for about 25-30. it has everything you need to convert with exceptions of the fittings.
you can basically just mount it to the air tank if you want and use the regulator if you want but i seperated the whole thing. I have a t on the air tank with a gauge and a 150 popoff. I took the pressure switch(85-135) off and mounted that via a T off the compressor. along with a gauge and check valve and another 150 psi popoff for emergency. you just run the hook a switch up to the compressor with the pressure switch and it will tunr the compressor on and off as needed.

halloween008.jpg

ok you have this on one of the jeeps youre KEEPING? or what?

Anyway, I might have access to a used Scuba tank, So if I were go that route, Maybe get one of my kohorts at work to weld some more fittings into it (I'd weld em, but they'd probably leak)...

The moral of the story is, filling your tires up in the pouring down rain at some goofy ass gas station is a real bummer.

The moral of the story is, filling your tires up in the pouring down rain at some goofy ass gas station is a real bummer.

been there, done that and i concur

ok you have this on one of the jeeps youre KEEPING? or what?

Anyway, I might have access to a used Scuba tank, So if I were go that route, Maybe get one of my kohorts at work to weld some more fittings into it (I'd weld em, but they'd probably leak)...

I dont have any of the ones i am keeping rigged up. But i am already not liking that i sold my trail rig. so probably will start a new one asap. try to get some stuff done before surgery so then i have something to recover for hehe.

anyway your scuba tank should already have a bung on it so you can just use an adapter to thread it down. that is exactly what i had in the "reef" cruiser. hehe

that also had an onboard welder which if i didnt sell my rig would have been my next project. was thinking of making a complete recovery type vehicle. hehe

sean

Yep get your exoskeleton fixed first (bug joke)... then build a Rig you can make your own. Heck that thing was all the "handy" work of some other goofball. With all the stuff you seem to know you can make something better than that guy ever could.

I imagine you kept some of the "bonus goodies" that came with it to use on yer next one...

hehe yep that is the plan. will see how it progresses.

anyway back to your jeep. have you decided on what you were going to do with flares?

How about you get some rails and protect the underside of that ride of yours. I know it would make you feel better next time out. :sad1:

I'd just rather not have the rails needing to be air tight, the end caps I welded on were just "down pass" welds nothing worthy of pressure. Besides you'd have to have some hose or fittings exposed somewhere. which would either get hit or look goofy depending on where they were placed. in the cabin everything can be organised / contained.

shave that 8.25!!

Awesome dude, nice find. Those guards are sooo nice and not easy to get....

Back