• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

so heres how she looks now. ***got some front flares from a 94 XJ they are tapered much wider than standard at the front... not sure what that package was, but theyre sorta hard to find. They ALMOST cover the 33s & I just let the back go.

P1185129.jpg

P1185127.jpg

P1185126.jpg

So I'm done messing around with the exterior... now all work is focused on the cargo area. (I have all the crap - just gotta install)

haha, as long as you get those tires covered everything else should be fine. And if ya cant cover em, just put on some stock ones for inspection!
It's actually a good idea to use stock ones. I put a spare set of front flares on the back of mine. They were wider than my stock rear flares, and they're made for the opening size of the front wheel well which is pretty close to the size of my rear openings after I aggressively cut/folded. I actually split the flares so part is mounted to the rear doors and part to the body, and swapped sides so I could reuse the section of the flare that's contoured to the body lines.

Old pic, you can kind of see what I did:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2803803670071454343Ormffp

Great thing is that since they are stock flares most people don't notice the difference. It does make it look a lot more even front to rear. I never liked how much smaller the rear was.

pretty awesome looking. but you might want to develope some pads to put inbetween the air tank and the window out of high impact foam or something. jsut a suggestion.

sean

its not moving... its bolted in place & the mounting bracket is also bolted securely in all corners. Perhaps its hard to get from the pics but if that lightweight aluminum tank is gonna touch the window there will have to be real nasty sheeit happening (roll over) which the window would be the least of my problems...

I do have spare rear windows though.

Good deal bud! I cant wait to see it in person. As you know i Traded my XJ for a yj. But the yj was a rust free one with a 97 4.0 out of a cherokee in it. so i still have a little bit of xj in it. maybe it is a xyj. anyway i am already missing my XJ and am thinking of trading the yj for another one! hehe. But i need automatic! the Yj is 5 speed.

Hammered your rig has come a long way since i met you and that was in June. I can hardly wait to see what is in store for us next! quite a build. keep it going!

sean

Gears are in, thanks to Full Circle.

boo ya

Yep, he was filling the rear diff when I stopped by today. Mechanic- Dave (as opposed to owner- Dave, they are both named Dave) said it went very smoothly. I followed him out the driveway as he was pulling out to test-drive it.

How does it feel?

A.

Yeah Andy, I told him it was YOUR good word that brought me to him. I mentioned NAXJA more than once... heh heh For that size shop, there is some amazing / crazy stuff that gets designed & fabricated in there. Pretty awesome.

Muduck, I'm not far from ya... Are ya goin to NAC fest? Maybe we can get a convoy started :)

Full Circle

?? is this a 4x4 Shop in the area?
are the prices good for gearing? I have a couple friends that are looking to geardown, and I have to admit, I don't want to help them with it. :shhh:

Nac fest... I want to go, but it depends on baby sitter, wife, and work. I won't know until much closer.

Full Circle had it done & I picked up in under 48 hours. I have priced around and they were even with others I found. Even if I tried to get gears from other sources all worked around the same. Google FULL CIRCLE OFFROAD

Oh BTW Andy, Feels a hell of alot better especially up hill. I think theres some slight vibration... But after the break in time it should mellow out. I never drove in anyones XJ that has been Re Geared so I had no idea what to expect.

On a side note: I clocked my MPG I was about 10 (maybe 11) MPG with 3.55 so I'll have to see where I'm at now.

Back