• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

very nice. the rims are like the cleanest part haha

looks great. nice progress for sureee

[Borat voice] "Ver nice"
borat.jpg

I think for the most part cops wont bother with ya unless its a state cop with something up his ass. But the inspection man is another story. so wheres your rig at bandit!?!???!?!

i decide against the green cherokee. november 7th-9th is hardcore jeep shopping weekend. I need to wait now for grades from the end of the 1st mp. I really wanna get it before me dad and i go hunting, its a three mile hike without a 4wd and my dad no longer has a truck.

ah come on now, hiking is half the fun of hunting! dragging for 3 miles is the beyotch! Well are you looking for something lifted or something stock to work with? and whats your budget? Its too bad kurt up at citadel bailed on the cherokee thing, his would have been nice to snatch up!

that was his name! i saw that cherokee daily and never saw him on here, I saw a manche' there the other day, was that his?

i dont mind the hike at all but like u said the drag and being in monroe county the mountians make the drag a million times worse.

im looking mainly for a solid jeep that i can ruin myself! lifted or not im really looking for a 97-99 xj or dare i say it a tj. want a stick too unless its a cherokee that is a great deal. the main turn off of the green cherokee was the steering, it was really loose and i didnt want to end up replacing every joint in the front end.

as for budget i would like to spend less than 4000 if its a wrangler and about 2-3 thousand for a stock xj would pay more if it was lifted correctly. This would allow me to have at least 3000 dollars to have to spend on mods and i dont have pay for insurance/gas till march (the one plus of only having your permit) so thats another 2 grand.

and backroads where is your build up with all of your mods, I think hammered has got you beat for now!

sorry to hijack hammered!

Last edited:
nah no build thread. If you ever wanna come poke at it your welcome to. Now just my .02 on what you just said. First off, no TJ :) haha

And as for a 5 speed, I've never wheeled with one so I could be biased here, but the way i see it is I wouldnt trade my auto for a 5 speed no matter WHAT! I'd say the pros would be all for the street, but wheeling to me it just seems like a major PITA. 1 you cant crawl over anything you gotta dump the clutch and go, or be on and off slipping the clutch in and out constantly. Where as with an auto you can just ease over whatever your situation is. I duno how a hand throttle is, and maybe its better in 4 low as you can go at a much slower rate.

But completely on the other hand a TJ or any of those wrangler things, might be more peppy on the street with a 5 speed and I like my dads tj in 5 speed. But I'm completely biased and partial to a cherokee, the size, the space, the look, the warmth!!! (drive a TJ in winter with a soft top doing 50 down the turnpike, might as well be sitting on the roof!) and obviously you hunt, so all that cargo space for gear/guns etc is a huge bonus.

And completely lastly I know cherokees inside and out and could give ya advice/ a hand at whatever lift issues or any problems you run into...

nah no build thread. If you ever wanna come poke at it your welcome to. Now just my .02 on what you just said. First off, no TJ :) haha

And as for a 5 speed, I've never wheeled with one so I could be biased here, but the way i see it is I wouldnt trade my auto for a 5 speed no matter WHAT! I'd say the pros would be all for the street, but wheeling to me it just seems like a major PITA. 1 you cant crawl over anything you gotta dump the clutch and go, or be on and off slipping the clutch in and out constantly. Where as with an auto you can just ease over whatever your situation is. I duno how a hand throttle is, and maybe its better in 4 low as you can go at a much slower rate.

But completely on the other hand a TJ or any of those wrangler things, might be more peppy on the street with a 5 speed and I like my dads tj in 5 speed. But I'm completely biased and partial to a cherokee, the size, the space, the look, the warmth!!! (drive a TJ in winter with a soft top doing 50 down the turnpike, might as well be sitting on the roof!) and obviously you hunt, so all that cargo space for gear/guns etc is a huge bonus.

And completely lastly I know cherokees inside and out and could give ya advice/ a hand at whatever lift issues or any problems you run into...

oh goodness! should we start the 5 speed/automatic argument here? :dunno: i don't know. i believe it must be 100% personal preference as far as what works better where, because i am the exact polar opposite of backroads here. i would NEVER trade my 5 speed for an auto, whether it be street or wheeling. just wanted to poke in and basically say "to each his own" :sunshine:

happy wheelingggg!!

that is one nice looking rig. and done right i might add. You used mainly RE products for the lift correct with exception to the shackles?

Oh wanted to ask about your drop brackets how did they hold up for you? Well i know they held up but did you hit them on anything?

What flares are you thinking about going with? I heard rusty's has a more flexible flare i think they are 6 inches. also I saw an XJ today and it looked like it had modded CJ flares really wide looked professionally done really nice looking. will try and get a pick. might be an idea.

oh goodness! should we start the 5 speed/automatic argument here? :dunno: i don't know. i believe it must be 100% personal preference as far as what works better where, because i am the exact polar opposite of backroads here. i would NEVER trade my 5 speed for an auto, whether it be street or wheeling. just wanted to poke in and basically say "to each his own" :sunshine:

happy wheelingggg!!

I have both and they both have their advantages. I like my 5 speed with the hand throttle but i don't know if i would like it so much without it. at least off roading. the auto makes it quite easy as well. but i like the power i get with the 5 speed. so to me it doesnt matter give me a jeep and i will try and drive it. heheh

yeah, with a manual, i just feel like i have much more control. i'm geared pretty low, so no need to be dumping the clutch often, unless you just feel like hammering something. i can crawl things just as smoothly as if i had an auto...only difference being that i feel more in control.

buttt. whatever works, works! and either way, you're in a jeep so its all good haha

Back