• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

Well agreed with both of you guys if your geared correctly so you can just crawl it without stalling. That was pretty much my whole arguement/point was the fact of crawling things without stalling, or without having to clutch. But at the same time if you got the money to spend on either the 4 low kit, or correct gears then by all means go 5 speed. I completely agree in the fun of driving 5 speed. When I first got a jeep, I searched high and low for a 5 speed, had it maybe a month and my clutch knee was screaming at me and I sold it just as fast. Completely personal preference. Done whoring up hammereds thread hehe

lol i was thinking the same about filling up the thread. soooo, getting back on topic....

how's the jeep doin, mr. hammered?

Did it make that much difference going from the 31s to the 33s? i mean as far as power goes.

I'm not too sure about Hammered's jeep, but I went from 31" swampers to 32" bighorns and I noticed a pretty big loss of power. Then again, mine is a Renix with 235,000 miles, so that's probably part of the lack of power. It's not too bad on flat ground, but hills suck.

just in - Riddler diff covers

PA314770.jpg

WATCH THIS VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0

now youll have to crank up that air compressor and round out your 8.25 a bit. Make it more the shape of your cover. Good thing ya just changed ur diff fluid HA

now youll have to crank up that air compressor and round out your 8.25 a bit. Make it more the shape of your cover.

I know... I was thinking that too. I might go with how it is for now, but yeah, theres gonna be some sparks flying under there at some point.

Good thing ya just changed ur diff fluid HA

Yeah well... I'll probably have to swap before the 16th :yelclap:

hows that project goin? speaking of compressors...:shhh:

because it is being sold tomorrow. Figure i have about 6 month recovery time will give me time to save up for my next project. that one will have pics and a documentary about it. because i will be starting from stock on a rust free vehicle.

but on board air is easy. just make sure you get a pre oiler, a cut off switch, backflow valve and popoff for the tank. i have mine set for 135psi. the compressor will kick on at 90 and cut out at 135. i have a 150 psi tank and a 150 popoff. It already had on board air but wasnt done to my liking since it was just the output directly from the compressor to the tank and i had to cut off the compressor myself. so i bought a cutoff pressure switch. (just 2 wire inline to the compressor on the 12 v side. turns on a 90 and off at 135). a pre oiler and gauges for the tank and off the compressor. I have already used it to run a cutoff wheel to trim fenders. also works well with inflating the tires. really quick. there are alot of writeups on it. I had one on my old landcruiser so i already knew how to do it. Pretty easy mod if your ac is shot but compressor still works.

Sean

I'll take a look, dont hold out Post some links.

wait, is this the man made reef Landcruiser? Shoulda got pics of that too.

hehe you remembered. lol yep that is the one. dont ever go fishing on the beach at low tide drunk with a friend who swears it is high tide! lol I have some pics of the somewhere. have to scan them as that was like 1987 or something so definitely not anything digital hehe.

yep there are alot of link out there for on board air and it is actually much easier then most of them woul dhave you think. If i can get the neighbors camera i will try and take some pics of my on board air setup. would at least give you an idea of plumbing.

sean

If you guys need any advice on this on board air stuff (pressure switch to use/ compressor...) let me know. I run the high flow York on mine with a small storage tank, it works VERY well for any task needed (filling tires/running air tools...etc...). I use a very small pressure switch that comes on at 80 and off at 125psi.

A.

Back