• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

one year later... this is what happens.

I have V5's they're sexy!

I don't have all the time and patience to maintain 3-5 inches (thats what she said!) so I'm happy running my stock drivetrain at 2-inches for now, or until somthing happens to break...lol.

2510902447_396dac401a.jpg

2510900251_d68e589568.jpg

quit whoring up naxja and start wrenching homie

Those tires are General Grabber AT2 (in the pic above unmounted) they are pretty much copies of bf goodrich, descent tires too for pretty cheap! tirerack sells em

I might be able to use some lines from a dodge truck or something. I'll look at the yard.
YJ front lines will gain you some length, relocate where the body mount is and you can gain even more length. Another swap is I believe mid 90's GMC IFS 1/2 ton front brake lines. They're even longer than the YJ lines and only take a touch of grinding to get the banjo bolts to fit, depending on your calipers.

I might be able to use some lines from a dodge truck or something. I'll look at the yard.

In the front, remove the brakeline mount on the frame where the hard brake line meets the flex line. Straighten out the hard brake line and move the mount down the side of the frame near the bottom and re-drill and re-mount. This alone gains a few inches. I have a few factory MJ rear brakelines around, I believe they are significantly longer than the factory XJ brake lines, but I'll have to check.

ASAP Hydraulic Hose is in Gap, Pa., right near where Rt 41 intersects Rt 30. They have made a few brakelines for me in the past. As long as you have your old brakeline to show them (to match up the fittings) they can make you up a new longer steel-braided line.

^ good info to know about getting new ones made. I just did what you recommended and straightened and moved the bracket down. my bumpstops will either bottom out or my wheels will hit the fenders before I run out of brake line. but brad is a picky SOB so he will probably want gold plated brake lines :) mwahahaha

edit: Are you saying the rear MJ lines for ebrake or regular fluid lines?

the xj is lookin awesome hammered

you and I both joined right about the same time and your on round two on the jeep and I am still jeepless damm you!

I have had two tjs fall through on me in the last three weeks but been lookin around at xjs too. Only time will tell

good luck with the build and make sure to post plenty of pics!!

Go for an XJ! Let me know if you need any help tracking one down. I THINK that guy up at citadel might have sold his jeep ( the silver one) hes driving a truck now. Woulda been a nice one for you if he is/did sell it.

Well that makes me all the more ready to advise / assist you when you get your XJ. The thing about XJs is you can haul more stuff home from the junkyard, haul more naked girls, haul more drunken buddies... dogs or whatever else you gotta take with you.

Tjs are jeeps, but not as easy to SAVE MONEY ON. So... the question is Do you have money to waste? Or do you want a killer rig you can actually use in everyday situations. Jesus man... your on NAXJA for a reason.

:viking:

^ good info to know about getting new ones made. I just did what you recommended and straightened and moved the bracket down. my bumpstops will either bottom out or my wheels will hit the fenders before I run out of brake line. but brad is a picky SOB so he will probably want gold plated brake lines :) mwahahaha

edit: Are you saying the rear MJ lines for ebrake or regular fluid lines?

I am referring to the rear MJ fluid line. Not sure on the ebrake cables, they may be longer on an MJ too. I got 95 YJ ebrake cables to use on my XJ. I have at least one (any maybe two) of these rear MJ brakelines here. If you want one, let me know.

Back