• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NOT a budget buggy build

It's a driver!! :D

Still plenty to do to be really finished, but the list is short now of what needs to be done before going to JV. I got it to the muffler shop today and got the exhaust on, no pics of that yet.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The rear of the floor area will get covered, and under the seats will be the main storage area. I'll do a new crossmember when I redo the front suspension.

standard.jpg

Here's a better pic of the rear axle mounts.

standard.jpg

It's pretty snub nosed with no winch up front.

standard.jpg

BrettM said:
not even an ounce of sprung weight behind rear axle centerline... wow. you'll need 4wd just to get to the trails.

looks great

oh, and is the front, passenger side, lower link already bent?

The link is straight, must be an optical illusion.

that things insane, i love it!!

It'll be a nice rig in good weather! I was already wheeling in the snow last weekend up here...

Great job on it! Now just to wait for the action pics.:wave:

David Taylor said:
That door bar looks a little close to the seat. Does dad fit ?
Hey kid, lighten up with the old person wide body jokes. :nono:
Some us more experienced folks actually have had the foresight to plan ahead and bring our own padding. Don't ya know?

:D :D :D :D

Dad fits in the seat, the hip bar won't be a problem. It's close to the seat, and I've already hit my elbow on it a couple of times. I might be putting some padding on it.

nhrocker, thankfully I have two rigs, so the camping and snow runs will be in the yellow XJ and not the buggy.

it makes those tires look like training wheels with all that space to move around, those axles can handle bigger :D nice lookin buggy, i've been paying attention for awhile watchin this one come together

Scrappy said:
Why do you think that??
Because he doesn't understand the true meaning of anti-squat as it applies to rear 4 link. If you have your links set up correctly for your design, it makes no difference about weight past the rear axle.
looks like it's turning out nice...you need 40's

I hadn't commented on Brett's comment...........the only thing that matters is weight on the axle, where that weight is means little. I think he had a brain fart, and forgot that half the weight that's between the axles is on the rear axle. :)

Yeah, I had intended 40's from the beginning, but got deal on these 37" Claws and decided to try them. We'll see how soon I start hunting down a set of used 40's.......... :D

How much do you think it weighs?

Back