• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New tires= upset wife. Why?

TRL WGN 1 said:
But Jeff, did you happen to mention the price tag on that upgrade?
didn't think so LOL!

That's what I was wondering - she's probably thinking a couple hundred $

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
she even pulls my winch cable!
I've heard it called a lot of things but never...

Just curious, synthetic or standard?

The in-laws are coming out this summer, and my wife told them I'd take them wheeling while they were here. My pa in-law said "Not unless that thing has a ROLL CAGE"! I told my wife "That's a GREAT idea! Thanks honey!" :kissyou: :laugh3:

Like I said on another thread...Just get your wife involved in a hobby that costs alot of money too. Yeah it sucks because she has to spend money but at least she doesn't have any room to talk when you need a new set of shocks.

BillR said:
The in-laws are coming out this summer, and my wife told them I'd take them wheeling while they were here. My pa in-law said "Not unless that thing has a ROLL CAGE"! I told my wife "That's a GREAT idea! Thanks honey!" :kissyou: :laugh3:
Well, at least you'll have someone to control your winch.

we aren't married yet, but i let her control the purse strings. shes got the business mind which seems to a good balance to my la la land mentality. we discuss what we need, what we want, and try to comprimise. in order for me to get the xj i had to agree to her buying something of equal value (she just socked the $$ in the bank tho).
...now if i could get her to pull the winch cable...
...or help me with the tent...

seanR said:
That is WAAAAAY too much information!

. . . with a group of young guys watching! And some of you guys think you're alpha males . . .

:D

TRL WGN 1 said:
But Jeff, did you happen to mention the price tag on that upgrade?
didn't think so LOL!

So, did Jo put any new dents in that thing for you?

Mention price? I'm a little twisted, but I'm not insane!

She did really well - after all, she's been watching me!
:roll:

DrMoab said:
Like I said on another thread...Just get your wife involved in a hobby that costs alot of money too. Yeah it sucks because she has to spend money but at least she doesn't have any room to talk when you need a new set of shocks.
I think that's a great idea! As a matter of fact, I've decided to take up scuba diving. That will mean at least one trip per year to the Virgin Islands. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! Not to mention diving lessons, wet suit, fins, snorkel, diving mask, tank.......Terry will really have to get a job now! LOL!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okie Princess said:
I think that's a great idea! As a matter of fact, I've decided to take up scuba diving. That will mean at least one trip per year to the Virgin Islands. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! Not to mention diving lessons, wet suit, fins, snorkel, diving mask, tank.......Terry will really have to get a job now! LOL!

I might have to put you on my ignore list so my wife doesn't see that...I wasn't talking THAT expencive...just something that when I say...Honey I need a new gear set she can relate to the cost.
I could build a whole new jeep for what you are talking about.

Okie Princess said:

All that drama and you are still living here?
I guess 3rd time's a charm, eh?

DrMoab said:
I might have to put you on my ignore list so my wife doesn't see that...I wasn't talking THAT expencive...just something that when I say...Honey I need a new gear set she can relate to the cost.
I could build a whole new jeep for what you are talking about.
Actually, I could get most all of the equipment and the diving lessons, not including the tanks and the trip, for around $3,500.00. Compare that to $1,500.00 for Terry's current jeep, the $1,000.00 for the current tires, $400.00 for the roll cage, and too many other numerous misc. parts bought for the jeep over the past couple of years, it is quite comparable. When you figure that Terry spent approx. $600.00 for the trip and approx. $600.00 for the parts to fix it while there, I could take a nice trip to the Virgin Islands with that much money, especially If I have friends to stay with there. Once you get all of the equipment for diving, which I may not have to have all of it if I just rent, the price really isn't that bad. I think It would be a very good and relaxing hobby and not as expensive as I thought it would be to begin with.

bgcntry72 said:
All that drama and you are still living here?
I guess 3rd time's a charm, eh?
I am a member here too.Terry knows I like giving him a hard time. I like to kid with him. He is for me having a hobby and is supportive of my desire to try diving. Thanks for the concern though. Terry and I are fine now and on a good path.

Okie Princess said:
I am a member here too.Terry knows I like giving him a hard time. I like to kid with him. He is for me having a hobby and is supportive of my desire to try diving. Thanks for the concern though. Terry and I are fine now and on a good path.

Diving is great.
The wyfe and I spend a lot of time in Virgin Gorda, Jost, etc. on the British side.
Just be careful if Terry starts lurking around the diving forums, airing dirty laundry, etc.
:D

Didn't you say a trip a couple of times a year? Whats a trip cost like that these days? Couple of thousand Im sure by the time you are all said and done. I know the whisky bill alone would be outrageus if you took me to a damn Island with no place to wheel :laugh3:
Okie Princess said:
Actually, I could get most all of the equipment and the diving lessons, not including the tanks and the trip, for around $3,500.00. Compare that to $1,500.00 for Terry's current jeep, the $1,000.00 for the current tires, $400.00 for the roll cage, and too many other numerous misc. parts bought for the jeep over the past couple of years, it is quite comparable. When you figure that Terry spent approx. $600.00 for the trip and approx. $600.00 for the parts to fix it while there, I could take a nice trip to the Virgin Islands with that much money, especially If I have friends to stay with there. Once you get all of the equipment for diving, which I may not have to have all of it if I just rent, the price really isn't that bad. I think It would be a very good and relaxing hobby and not as expensive as I thought it would be to begin with.

She better watch out. Okie Terry might fill the tanks with CO2 for airing up his tires.

Back