• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new here just wanted to say hey and share my xj story.

zachmartin83

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im new here but not new to the whole working on vehicles scene. this october one of my friends got his xj back from getting a new motor it was just his trail truck but he decided to start takin me and some other people offroad. i was suprised how well the jeep did it was lifted 4.5 inches with 33 inch super swampers. enough of the talk but here are some pics of the jeep.
l_cdfe9bab9e9337153912c6e9adcf0a63.jpg

l_1e9d22e22bec4fd8f123623ee0c7e2d0.jpg

heres a pic after we stopped in a waterhole to see how deep it looked thats me in the back.
att00001mediumbi9.jpg

then one of my scariest experiences in life ever when he let an inexperienced driver take his jeep offroad and i was with him. 4 people in there total and none of us got hurt except the driver got cut a little. but we were in some coal mines and he tried to take a hill the jeep was capable of it we had climbed to the top before but theres only one way back down and its to back down. he was inexperienceand when we started goin back down the rear slide a little and he slammed on the brakes. and the rest is history we rolled 4 times and landed on the roof. i was in the passenger seat. the aftermath:
l_dbf8bb410753cd921c6dde37545be37e.jpg

l_835ef56e0f70d6fcbbc08b108caf0111.jpg

l_81a86fa97f0daa64da2c99fe23502070.jpg

l_707e81b1b65acb541c56d32e3e5d4d52.jpg

l_164a0ae7135d7c6ee5bc1fc5f5ec403c.jpg

l_58c4446634252d4fcd172e6579d0fdf7.jpg

l_2244116bce83f686ba543834985545f8.jpg

that was a pretty nerve rackin experience i never wanna do that again without a cage. thing about it was we were all alone having to walk the trail back sucks. other than that, i loved that xj i want one really bad i just like trail riding and seeing new things without roads. pretty much exploring. anyway heres my truck, it sucks offroad haha

hpim0633mediumfw5.jpg

picture003mediumgu6.jpg

zachmartin83 said:
hey guys im new here but not new to the whole working on vehicles scene. this october one of my friends got his xj back from getting a new motor it was just his trail truck but he decided to start takin me and some other people offroad. i was suprised how well the jeep did it was lifted 4.5 inches with 33 inch super swampers. enough of the talk but here are some pics of the jeep.

that was a pretty nerve rackin experience i never wanna do that again without a cage. thing about it was we were all alone having to walk the trail back sucks. other than that, i loved that xj i want one really bad i just like trail riding and seeing new things without roads. pretty much exploring. anyway heres my truck, it sucks offroad haha

l_2244116bce83f686ba543834985545f8.jpg

It's so sad to see a rolled XJ, but ya know it sorta looks like a Grand Cherokee.

I guess that's why people put in roll bars, especially on early models. 97+ has better support to survive rollovers.

that'll buff out.

my 88 flopped on it's side and had the same look to it...(driver's side for me)
it's an odd feeling looking at the world at an odd angle, not moving and having the 4.0 purring along.

I was goofing off in the snow and clipped a buried curb at ~30.

yuppiexj said:
that'll buff out.

my 88 flopped on it's side and had the same look to it...(driver's side for me)
it's an odd feeling looking at the world at an odd angle, not moving and having the 4.0 purring along.

I was goofing off in the snow and clipped a buried curb at ~30.

Duck tape and a little paint does wonders!

26850DuckTape.jpg

yeah hopefully when i get a jeep i will put some kind of roll protection waking up sore and glass all in your clothes sucks. i remember chewing on glass. the guy sold it for 500 dollars the tires were all put back ont he bead and inflated and had alot of tread left, the lift was good and the motor only had 90,000 something on it. all he did was take an offroad jack and jack the roof up and it looked more like a jeep and was driveable til he swamped it. now its probably useless.

I want a roll bar! You know it's possible to flip over at the mall.

Sucks about the flop but at least everyone was ok, another reason why most people don't go wheeling alone. You should have bought it after it was swamped as they're never useless, just a little work and it'd be back on the trails.

so has he already sold the flipped jeep, he had nice tires would liked to have. looked like fun up till the flip sry???

honestly the flip was a weird and in a way kinda like a ride you would do at a fair or something. yeah if i wouldve known he sold it for 500 i would have bought it. the tires and lift alone are worth more than that. it just isnt licensed or insured and the title is either trashed or still with some lady, so i woulda had a hard time getting it to my house.

that happened to my buddy when they were drunk and being stupid in a field. His caught on fire though

Back