• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nac-fest

at least you all have trail-worthy rigs.... my trail rig is probably a total loss.... floors totally rotted and the rear of the rig is a ful 1" wider than the hatch.... it's either getting new floors and a cage.. or getting a new XJ to start over with and it becomes a donor... guess i better get crackin huh??

sidriptide said:
at least you all have trail-worthy rigs.... my trail rig is probably a total loss.... floors totally rotted and the rear of the rig is a ful 1" wider than the hatch.... it's either getting new floors and a cage.. or getting a new XJ to start over with and it becomes a donor... guess i better get crackin huh??

I thought you already did all of that.............or are we all gonna be wrenching on yer heep at red ridge :laugh3:

Art Triggs said:
I thought you already did all of that...

nope.. been talking about it for the last few months but havent had time/$$ to do anything yet.... selling my 99 this week so that will free up some $$ and a parking spot at my house so i can have it back here as incentive to do something about it..

sidriptide said:
nope.. been talking about it for the last few months but havent had time/$$ to do anything yet.... selling my 99 this week so that will free up some $$ and a parking spot at my house so i can have it back here as incentive to do something about it..

Then what are you going to use for DD?

Projects? yeah got them...
armorize everything, either install what I got or fabricate.
Figure out what I am doing for a rear axle (have a Scout II D44 to build, but like Ford 9's)
Beef the front axle.. convert disco and ujoints/axles
Gears? Lockers?
Get it running more reliably.. (even though I will flat tow it)

OH, and get some freaking seat time on it.. only had it out twice on less then stellar trails.. Rouche creek maybe...

Pass that majic wand over here...

also, how far in advance should camping reservations be made?

Definatley going to try my best to make it this year (letting the girlfriend know about it now)... been before with Lawn Cher'. I've got to get my axles geared and locked and my rocker rails installed. Definately have some time to accomplish.

Looking forward to the warmer weather and using the XJ!

I will try to make it out, it's going to be about a 400 mile trip. it will be good to try and meet everyone. I'm not sure if I will have Dollar ready to go on trails by then, but I'm sure he'll make it out.

BTW, I'll probably be heading out I90 to I84 through Hartford Conn. and over to I81 In Penn., if anyone wants to link up.

If I can get there, and anyone needs help with real BBQ (not the stuff that passes for it up here :D ), let me know. I'll make up a rub and some sauce before I leave.

Copperhead

Lawn Cher' said:
Then what are you going to use for DD?

the 90 i just picked up last month.. its so nice i've had threats against my well-being if i made it into a trail rig.... the 99 is going tommorow :rattle: so i can concentrate on the projects....

About the food- Since my father owns a few fast food restaurants in my area, I can get pretty much anything at cost. You name it, I can pretty much get it... 'cept beer :laugh3:

Back