• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-fest Pre-run 5/26

Rob Mayercik said:
I'll be there Saturday.

Still waiting to hear back from my buddy with the KJ as to whether he's interested or not, hopefully I'll have an answer on that tomorrow.

Rob

Looks like my friend can't make it this time (truth be told, I did spring this idea on him at the last minute), so I won't be bringing a guest along.

I'd still like a point of contact in case I get delayed - anyone?

3 well it just so happens that I've got 3 in the family

Wheeling AND smoked pork? Now you're really making me wish I could make it down there... Too bad my rig is still in pieces.

Rob Mayercik said:
Looks like my friend can't make it this time (truth be told, I did spring this idea on him at the last minute), so I won't be bringing a guest along.

I'd still like a point of contact in case I get delayed - anyone?

sent you a pm

Well, After finishing the project jeep at midnight on friday night, we went wheeling on sat. It was a pretty sucessful test run for the new project. We found a few minor problems with project phin and broke one rear shock mount. Melissa had lots of fun driving all day. It was nice to just be the spotter for once. Thanks to Gabe and Rob for coming out. We scouted the park and have some great ideas for NAC-fest. Pics can be found here: http://web.mac.com/lobsterdmb/iWeb/Site/Library%203.html

lobsterdmb said:
broke one rear shock mount
What is it with you and the rear shocks? :laugh3:

Good to hear the test run went well. Pics look good. I can't wait to get down there for NACfest.

The park was nice it seems to be a little less "formal" then PAP, I liked how it seemed there was always a bypass around the big stuff so different level of rigs can wheel together.

Patty drove a lot during the day, so now I'll have to build her TJ for NAC-fest.

It was nice meeting Gabe and company, thanks for stopping by.
The Hard Rock Crawlers were there for three days and didn't run the same thing twice. (Minus fire roads)

For those of you running blacks at NACFEST, I highly recommend trail 5 on the west side (Best trail out there), the tombstone area and camel back on the south side are also good. Collapsed the right front fender and lost a drive shaft on camelback. Great off camber stuff, high pucker factor.
Reds were the rock garden, no big deal and Otters way, only made it 30 feet. That's an Xj eater.
Other good trails were snake bite on the south side, a little long but any XJ with 33's will make it. Nice and wide, no tree rubs to worry about, just a lot of rocks. good trail.
The lake area (large mud hole) on the south side is also good. Some tough hill climb exits and a blue exit as well. worth the visit to see others play on the hills if nothing else. I had to be snatched over the main exit, lots of sandy loom and smelly mud. The lake is DEEP. I might need a better snorkle. :laugh:
Trail 13 on the west side was also good. good selection of mud ruts, rocks and stream crossings. We had an LJ open/open on 33's tear it up.

Good mix of green, light blue, blue/black and black/reds for all levels of vehicles.

Great place Rausch Creek and Lynn and company are as accomodating as can be.

Good venue for NACFEST.

Derik

Good Hunting!!

We didn't get to run a lot of trails but we did get to run one both ways (ask Lobsterdmb). It was nice to hook up with you folks as well. I was very impressed with Lindsey's jeep because it's a build I can afford to do and it performed well from what I had seen, do you know what gear she has in it? I'd like to get the TJ to that level for Patty.

gabe4 said:
We didn't get to run a lot of trails but we did get to run one both ways (ask Lobsterdmb). It was nice to hook up with you folks as well. I was very impressed with Lindsey's jeep because it's a build I can afford to do and it performed well from what I had seen, do you know what gear she has in it? I'd like to get the TJ to that level for Patty.

no comment.

It was good to meet you as well Derik. Sorry we didn't stick around for the BBQ but after the day we had, we decided it would be best to head home. Hope to see you at NAC-fest.

gabe4 said:
Also was she running disco's?

Sorry I missed this, sounds like it was a successful run!! Did you guys get some good ideas for trails for the event? PM me and let me know what your thinking for trail selections.

A.

She's running stock gears and an auto tranny. It's an 06 LJ.
I disconnected the front sway bar and just tied up the down links. It did really well. Trail 13 is a blue/black and she ran the whole thing.
Funny part is after crawler ridgde where you saw her desend the hill we headed to the south property. on the way she's on the radio saying there is a grinding noise when she turns left. She flexed so much coming down crawler ridge the right front coil came out of the bucket and by the time we caught it, it was spun around the tierod end. Not bad for a 2 inch budget boost and a body lift.
Not a hard fix, high lift and a pry bar it was right as rain.

gabe4 said:
I liked how it seemed there was always a bypass around the big stuff so different level of rigs can wheel together.
That sounds great. I liked PAP and got to wheel with some great guys, but there were a few times on one of the days that someone got in a little over his head. The trail was beyond his rigs capabilities which meant we lost time as we had to pretty much drag him through a few of the obstacles. He was willing to take a bypass, but there weren't any available.

I know I personally like trails like that as well. It means I can give a hard obstacle a shot, and if it really feels like it's too much, I can go around.

Andy in Pa. said:
Sorry I missed this, sounds like it was a successful run!! Did you guys get some good ideas for trails for the event? PM me and let me know what your thinking for trail selections.

A.

Got some ideas... i will send u a pm tomorrow

Crawlers Ridge is a cool spot to stop for lunch if the group isn't too big. Plus, it has green, black and RED lines.

Don't forget about Rock Creek. It's a black/red trail depending on who you ask. Lockers, alloy shafts, 35" tires and lots of skids required!

Looks like my local club is changing their trip to the 23rd, so there will be a couple more XJs around.

Back