• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest 05 Trails & reg++++good news!!!

Its a constant game of keeping up with the Jones's with these guys. I got out before I got overwhelmed. Or maybe it was too late by then already?

Lawn Cher' said:
Its a constant game of keeping up with the Jones's with these guys. I got out before I got overwhelmed. Or maybe it was too late by then already?

From the looks of that boat I think you might have other priorities anyway. The lake is a little more relaxing than a trail I bet. You getting ready for retirement already?

Its a constant game of keeping up with the Jones's with these guys. I got out before I got overwhelmed. Or maybe it was too late by then already.

Yeah Mark, I suppose that diesel Sub is JUST to tow the boat....

yea, no chit !!! remember when Ron S had that HUGE XJ on 35's? that thing was massive!

Now its "come on, 35's?? All the cool people are running 38's now." I'll be running my 35's til their bald. Hopefully they'll be spun by 9" front and rear axles by the end of this year, but they'll still be the same 35's.

(D@mn those Joneses, they really suck!!)

Hope you haven't finished the list yet -

I'm figuring at the moment on coming up for the 9th, 10th, and 11th, and am interested in doing greens and whatever blues I can manage without body damage with 225s and an OME 2" kit on a (former) stocker.

I may revise that later, though, depending on conditions.

Now to start hunting the hotels in the area (camping isn't my thing).

Rob

Andy in Pa. said:
Yeah Mark, I suppose that diesel Sub is JUST to tow the boat....

Now its "come on, 35's?? All the cool people are running 38's now." I'll be running my 35's til their bald. Hopefully they'll be spun by 9" front and rear axles by the end of this year, but they'll still be the same 35's.

(D@mn those Joneses, they really suck!!)

I must be way uncool....sitting back down on 33's again, and lovin it! :laugh3:

LongArms go on next weekend...hmmm. :laugh3:

John B said:
I must be way uncool....sitting back down on 33's again, and lovin it! :laugh3:

LongArms go on next weekend...hmmm. :laugh3:

You're already on the downhill side of the Big Meats Bell Curve, John. You reach a certain point when you realize that big tires make most of the trails no fun anymore and you're just tearing the shit outta your rig to spin the big stuff. You eventually come to your senses and drop back down in tire size and its all fun again.

I still have to wheel the 35's I have before I can downsize. I didn't get rid of my 32's yet for precisely that reason. Its what all the cool kids are doing.

Caleb- You might be onto something... one of my recent thoughts is to finish the green machine, sell it, and get one of those new-fangled diesel outboard jets for the boat.

Andy- You figured me out. But I've always wanted a Sub since I was a little kid and moving cross-country was all the excuse I needed.

Lawn Cher' said:
Caleb- You might be onto something... one of my recent thoughts is to finish the green machine, sell it, and get one of those new-fangled diesel outboard jets for the boat.

Hell my Dad has a trailer on KY lake and I get down there as much as I can in the summer. I try and take a week off just to get some peace from this D.C. crap. His sister has one next door so they throw some major BBQ's. Nothing beats it.

Are you still working on the 97 Mark? I thought you were done that a while ago and wheeling it now. Go ahead, wheel the 35's, come to the dark side....(*insert Darth Vader breathing here*) :wierd:

Well, the catch is you just have to find more difficult trails. Those trails that you wheeled with 32's did become easier with 35's, so its time to take the 35's and wheel trails where 38's are needed (with a D30 front axle *GASP*). Thats my (somewhat warped) reasoning and I'm sticking to it.

That's still the primary project, Andy, in a state of suspended animation mid-build. I haven't thinned out the collection either, and half my tools are still in boxes, so I've resorted to web-wheeling.

Lawn Cher' said:
You're already on the downhill side of the Big Meats Bell Curve, John. You reach a certain point when you realize that big tires make most of the trails no fun anymore and you're just tearing the shit outta your rig to spin the big stuff. You eventually come to your senses and drop back down in tire size and its all fun again.

On the flip side, you keep building, realizing that your adrenaline pumps the best when you're doing obstacles that only a small handful of people will even attempt. All the while gaining skills at building and maintaining your junk, while those that don't think they have the ability(although everyone does) whimper and moan at the "BIG DOGS". Of course, I don't even have something that's wheelable right now, so what am I saying :wave:

Lawn Cher' said:

I still have to wheel the 35's I have before I can downsize. I didn't get rid of my 32's yet for precisely that reason. Its what all the cool kids are doing.

Andy- You figured me out. But I've always wanted a Sub since I was a little kid and moving cross-country was all the excuse I needed.

Good guess but....nope. :laugh3:

Rig got taller as i got older, and it rode like an empty Tri-Axle running thru the Jersey Pines.

Decided on a different direction for the XJ, got another rig at the ready.

John B said:
Good guess but....nope. :laugh3:

Rig got taller as i got older, and it rode like an empty Traxle running thru the Jersey Pines.

Decided on a different direction for the XJ, got another rig at the ready.

Fixed it for you.

Well here is my bad news...I'm scratching from NacFest.I just spent the past five days in the hospital and one knee surgery later I'm home.Without a long story I was riding my Harley last Sunday.We had just got it going.It stalled at a lite and in my attempt to restart it it kicked back and three big fractures to my tib was the result.My advice...old bikes are cool but so is walking,get a starter.Wanna buy a Harley????

magoo117 said:
Well here is my bad news...I'm scratching from NacFest.I just spent the past five days in the hospital and one knee surgery later I'm home.Without a long story I was riding my Harley last Sunday.We had just got it going.It stalled at a lite and in my attempt to restart it it kicked back and three big fractures to my tib was the result.My advice...old bikes are cool but so is walking,get a starter.Wanna buy a Harley????

Would have been nice to meet you but take care of that leg. Hope to see you at another event.

Caleb

magoo117 said:

MITCH MITCH MITCH You better be there broken leg :rattle:, that shouldn't stop you, put a hand throttle on it :), how dare you, what were you thinking.....j/k. :laugh3:

Take care of your leg. It would have been nice to see that new rig in action, well take care and i'll see you at a later date on the trails.

STROKER

So sorry to hear Mitch...

Listen, if it's a matter of not having enough time to finish your rig i'm sure we can get a "wrenchfest" going, do you and your doc think six weeks post surgery you'll be able to get around...in/out the rig?

Anyone else willing to lend a hand if this is a possibility?

My biggest problem is that I am totolaly out of commission for up to two months,no weight at all on my right leg.Even if it was done there is now way I could drive it or even get in it.I am going to try and show up on Saturday and say hi.Thanx for the offer on the wrenchfest.

Back