• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ for sale again....6", 35 BFG MTs, Tera 50/Toy 8", Long arms, etc. etc. in VA

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ for sale again....6", 35 BFG MTs, Tera 50/Toy 8", Long arms, etc. etc. in VA

Pics at bottom...

XJ specifications:
2001 Cherokee Sport w/ 85,000 miles
4.0/AW4/231
Factory equipped with Up-Country and Towing packages

Front axle/suspension:
Tera 50 5x5.5 with Chevy flattop knuckles(both sides milled/drilled/tapped/studded)
Sky-manufacturing hy-steer arm on passenger side
Chevy 1/2 ton calipers
Warn Premium Hubs
4.88 R&P
Crossover steering
RE TJ Long arms w/ Clayton's X-member
RE ZJ 4.5" Coils
Center limiting strap

Rear axle/suspension:
Toyota Tacoma 8" redrilled to 5x5.5
4.88 R&P
Detroit
Sky-Manufacturing Disc kit
Rusty's 4.5" springs w/ 2.5" long AAL
2" Block
1" Shackle
RE Hack 'n Tap SYE w/ RE Driveshaft

Tires/Wheels:
5 35x12.50/15 BFG MT KMs ~70% tread left
4 AE 589(same as AR Baja's) 15x8" 3.25 BS and 1 stock Ford 15x7" wheel
VERY minor cuts/chunking and one plug total

Bumpers/Armor:
Front ARB
Rear homebuilt bumper/tire-carrier
Homebuilt rockrails
Stock gastank skid
Front stock skid(included but not installed)

Interior:
Stock stereo, or will include the following if full asking price is received:
Sony Headunit, Pioneer 300 watt 4-channel amp for speakers(stock front, planet audio rear), 250 watt 2-channel Memphis amp for sub(sub currently not installed, but will include)

Crow Lapbelts(stock belts retained for road use)

Underhood:
Red Top Optima
Mean Green Starter
Jeepers Creepers HD Battery Cables
Rusty's airtube
Corvette Master Cylinder with stock booster

Parts sitting here, waiting to be installed:
1) Aussie locker for front axle
2) New front trackbar(will be installed before delivery)
3) New proportioning valve for brakes(will be installed before delivery)
4) Lap belts are not yet installed(may or may not be installed)

What's wrong with it/needs attention:
1) Front bumpstops need to be installed
2) Front suspension could use outboard limiting straps as well, already has center strap to prevent unloading on climbs.
3) Rear leafs need to be replaced as they are worn out and allow axle wrap. 4.5" springs would eliminate the need for 2" blocks as well(may purchase and install before sale).
4)Lastly, the body isn't perfect. The Jeep used to have bushwacker flares installed and has all of the holes from them in the fenders. Both front fenders are dented in one way or another, not substantially, but noticeably. The driver's side incurred some damage last weekend as seen below, but this will be fixed before sale. I have a set of doors to replace the current doors and will include the damaged doors as "trail doors." The passenger side has some scratches and a significant scrape on the bottom of the front door. The majority of the damage to the Jeep could be camoflauged by a new set of Bushwacker flares and a set of lower door armor plating that is available from several retailers. All in all I think for about $500-600 you could have the Jeep looking nice again if that matters to you.

The Jeep is my DD and I would not hesititate to drive it cross-country. In fact if it has not sold by the Moab event, I very well may make the trip since I have always wanted to go and it is essentially what I built the Jeep for(delivery to Moab could possibly be arranged). My goal with this Jeep was to overbuild for the tire size/trail type so as to maintain reliability since it is not a trailered rig. I have owned the rig since day 1 and know everywhere it has been and everything it has been through. The majority of the miles came from having a girlfriend that lived 120 miles away that I saw 2-3 times a week for over a year and a half. It has been extremely reliable and the only reason I'm giving it up is because I want something with less sheetmetal to damage for a wheeler, as well as a fuel efficient DD. For all practical purposes everything from the "frame" down is new as of July when the axles/suspension were upgraded(i.e. bearings, ball-joints, TREs, seals, etc. etc.).

My asking price is $16,000 and that includes everything I have for the Jeep(a few stock take-offs and some other misc. parts as well as spare parts).

Thanks for reading and I'm open to partial trades and am somewhat negotiable.

Ary

FrontDSdaylight.jpg

trail.jpg

lowerslickrock.jpg

fainsford.jpg

middle%20slickrock%20cropped.jpg

Pic of recent damage to driver's side:
door%20carnage.jpg

Thanks again for looking!

Re: My XJ for sale again....6", 35 BFG MTs, Tera 50/Toy 8", Long arms, etc. etc. in VA

Obo!

Re: My XJ for sale again....6", 35 BFG MTs, Tera 50/Toy 8", Long arms, etc. etc. in VA

if you dont get offers for your asking price with all the goodies, would you consider trading axles/tires (plus some cash) with me so that you could lower your price some?
ive got a HP30 front 4.88s and lockrite, all new seals/bearings, new hubs and ujoints powerslot rotors/hawk pads.... ford 8.8 rear, w/ discs 4.88s and lockrite.
5 on 4.5, both with spidertrax spacers. TJ canyons and new 33 1250 MTs

ive seen your xj on the highway before and watched its buildup, im really jealous and would love to snag those axles and help both of us out....even though im really sad tosee it up for sale. just a thought, let me know.
-Ben

BennettXJ said:
if you dont get offers for your asking price with all the goodies, would you consider trading axles/tires (plus some cash) with me so that you could lower your price some?
ive got a HP30 front 4.88s and lockrite, all new seals/bearings, new hubs and ujoints powerslot rotors/hawk pads.... ford 8.8 rear, w/ discs 4.88s and lockrite.
5 on 4.5, both with spidertrax spacers. TJ canyons and new 33 1250 MTs

ive seen your xj on the highway before and watched its buildup, im really jealous and would love to snag those axles and help both of us out....even though im really sad tosee it up for sale. just a thought, let me know.
-Ben

I think you've actually got my XJ confused with Carl(RKitOut)'s XJ. I've only driven through NC once with it in its current build state(although I used to travel through NC on a weekly basis 'cause I had a gf in Durham). Carl's XJ is nearly identical to mine, except his is a lot cleaner in the body department than mine. But they're the same color, lift height, tire size, bumpers, etc.

As for parting out. At this point I probably wouldn't be interested, 'cause if anything I'd like to keep the axles for my next project. We'll see what the next week or two brings as far as offers.

Ary

Ary - nah, i know it was yours...this was back a year about. near durham too, carl's in high point....i know his xj too, both of yours are badass. anyway, it was just a thought, but i know how you worked on those axles. im really more interested in the tera50 than anything, cause the 8.8 i have is fine and im not in great nead of the extra clearance from then toy 8". good luck on the sale though...
-Ben

"I'll give you $266 dollars a month for five years with the option to pay it off early...and yes I am good for it."

If you are serious, just get the money from the bank and pay him, make payments to the bank. But you just got your lift on man!

$15,500...

:shhh:

Would consider trading for a stock late model XJ + cash, preferably 2-door with power options.

Ary

Safari Ary said:
<snip>the only reason I'm giving it up is because I want something with less sheetmetal to damage for a wheeler, as well as a fuel efficient DD.</snip>

In other words, a car and a trail rig. Something to get me to and from class reliably and economically, and something to beat to hell on the trails and not be bothered by breakage/damage.

Ary

Safari Ary said:
In other words, a car and a trail rig. Something to get me to and from class reliably and economically, and something to beat to hell on the trails and not be bothered by breakage/damage.

Ary

Ah, sorry, I missed the cliff notes! I know how you feel though!
Billy

Hey Safari, would you mind telling me a little more about the rear axle? Im mainly interested in the fact that its 5 on 5.5" bolt patteren. Did you re-drill the original shafts or did you buy new ones with no holes drilled?

Renegade Jpr said:
Hey Safari, would you mind telling me a little more about the rear axle? Im mainly interested in the fact that its 5 on 5.5" bolt patteren. Did you re-drill the original shafts or did you buy new ones with no holes drilled?

Sent the shafts to a machine shop and had them redrilled. Ended up costing a pretty penny 'cause you can't overlap 6x5.5 with 5x5.5 without plug welding one of the original 6-lug holes shut and redrilling it. If I were to do it again I'd just have used 6-lug stuff on the 50, but live and learn, right?

Ary

790 views and not one serious offer? Come awn! BTT

Ary

Safari Ary said:
790 views and not one serious offer? Come awn! BTT

Ary

at least 700 of those are your own.....

Hasta

$14,900

Btt.

$14,500

The new performance metal works door cladding and rear 1/4 panel armor are sitting on my bedroom floor and will be painted and installed before sale.

New rear springs will also be installed shortly.

Ary

Back