• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ

jeez...if its not one thing its another...got the 8.8 in finally, but now i have no brakes. Bled all of them at least 6 times...still doesnt hold pressure. gettin tired of everything breaking on this POS

...have you had Elementary Auto class check it out for you?
i'm sure they'd enjoy a field trip to help ya out... you could take them to the jeepy jam too :)

Greg, that same thing happened to me with my red jeep. I must have bled it 20 times. Turns out my connections were leaking a bit right at the top of the axle. It was a major pita.

jeez...if its not one thing its another...got the 8.8 in finally, but now i have no brakes. Bled all of them at least 6 times...still doesnt hold pressure. gettin tired of everything breaking on this POS

cut and reflare the hard lines going into the ford lines, the ford lines use a bubble flare iirc. i had this problem when i swapped in crown vic brakes on my old white 98 the ford doesnt use the double flare like EVERYTHING ELSE ;) look inside the ford fitting youll be able to tell what the hard line end is supposed to look like.

cut and reflare the hard lines going into the ford lines, the ford lines use a bubble flare iirc. i had this problem when i swapped in crown vic brakes on my old white 98 the ford doesnt use the double flare like EVERYTHING ELSE ;) look inside the ford fitting youll be able to tell what the hard line end is supposed to look like.

thanks doug, i will give it a shot. ive got the hard lines from an 8.25, then new soft lines from them to the calipers. It all bolted together fine...no leaks. is flaring hard to do? ive never done brake lines before

thanks doug, i will give it a shot. ive got the hard lines from an 8.25, then new soft lines from them to the calipers. It all bolted together fine...no leaks. is flaring hard to do? ive never done brake lines before

x2 on not hard to do but if your showing no leaks that might not be the issue, mine pissed brake fuid from the connections.... are your calipers on right side up?

NICE!!! I'm a newbie to 4-wheelin' and traded a 2000 kawasaki Nomad for a 2000 Cherokee Sport. I'm basically stock and it needs a few things, but love that straight sixes PEP. Now just keep the rubber side down!! Congrats on a great find!--John T.

The bleeder nipple goes at the top and the line should be at the bottom.

i know...they are on right. reflared lines with the tool from autozone. even replaced bleeder screws on calipers. still no pressure. talkin to some guys at a shop i know near my house, they said they think the master cylinder may have gotten messed up when the fluid drained out, so its only halfway working (hence the partial pressure). I brought it over to them to fix tonight. i should get it tomorrow night.

NICE!!! I'm a newbie to 4-wheelin' and traded a 2000 kawasaki Nomad for a 2000 Cherokee Sport. I'm basically stock and it needs a few things, but love that straight sixes PEP. Now just keep the rubber side down!! Congrats on a great find!--John T.

thanks man, welcome to the addiction

here's the 8.8 goin in:

rearaxle002.jpg

rearaxle003.jpg

rearaxle004.jpg

rearaxle013.jpg

shock mounts got cut off and moved outward after this pic. also my hard lines are shorter now.

Will you be running wheel spacers in the rear?

Back