• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ

Just wondering what you paid for it, if you don't mind me asking. I just bought one this weekend (2000 Classic w/ 154,000 on it) and I paid $3800 for it. Just trying to compare prices, I tought it was a pretty good deal.
im sorry that happened to you, i payed 2700 for my 2000 xj with 115000 on it.

i don't blame you for wanting a locker, oh and hey trail rate this, sold that ranger today....i guess i'll send those tail lights with it?? i didn't see that one coming lol. i've always joked and said "everything i own is for sale for the right price" ...it caught up to me i guess.

i don't blame you for wanting a locker, oh and hey trail rate this, sold that ranger today....i guess i'll send those tail lights with it?? i didn't see that one coming lol. i've always joked and said "everything i own is for sale for the right price" ...it caught up to me i guess.

Well it's a nice ranger, I can see why someone would want it. Hell I'd sell my stuff if the price was right.

been working on a cowl induction hood...heres a few pics:

d32e986dc5.jpg

2085c0ed7a.jpg

4d1b420024.jpg

cut up one hood, bent the ends down, and welded it to the other hood. im working on cleaning up the welds and filling in the gaps now.

4d1b420024.jpg

cut up one hood, bent the ends down, and welded it to the other hood. im working on cleaning up the welds and filling in the gaps now.

...ya know, i kinda like that apprpoach to it. then you can just cut out the underside.

Very interested to see how the hood comes out.

also, my check engine light had been on for awhile. it was the 02 sensor after the cat, i replaced the sensor and cleaned off the grounds, hasnt come back on, so hopefully i pass emissions tomorrow!

well i passed emissions...woohoo!

also, finished grinding down the bondo over the welds, and started sanding down the whole hood, getting it ready for paint. May be able to get it knocked out by this weekend.

made some progress on the hood yesterday and today:

sanded down the whole underside (thats a pain by the way), and cut out the hole for the air flow:
e451faa5cd.jpg

got it all painted in gloss black as well:
ecb1ab5fc8.jpg

gotta let that paint dry for 24 hours before i do anything else...

ok more progress. painted it gloss black and threw it on for a test fit. with the paint on there...i can see i have a lot more body work to do :doh:
well heres what i got so far:

3ee4914453.jpg

2cd4e673ec.jpg

1b72cd9a11.jpg

its getting there...

yea, have to pop out some dents in it, and do some more body work...i just want to make it look a little cleaner, than ill be happy with it.

no winch yet, i have to watch my spending now that i have a big truck payment. the winch bumper works pretty well as a tool box holder while im working on the jeep thou haha

think that hood will help all that much?..... i never have a problem with my jeep overheating... i just see all these guys putting vents in the hood and or doing a cowl hood swap...

the P.O. cut vents right above the intake on my jeep and i think it looks stupid i am about to swap a new front clip on my jeep to get rid of all the tree rash and the hood vents....

think that hood will help all that much?..... i never have a problem with my jeep overheating... i just see all these guys putting vents in the hood and or doing a cowl hood swap...

well i get heat soak while 4wheeling, so im doing this to help prevent that. my new radiator helped...but on a hot start after running pretty hard, my xj runs real rough for a bit, until the cooling system brings it back down to normal temps. even with the engine off, i can feel hot air rising out of the cowl, so it IS doing something haha

well i get heat soak while 4wheeling, so im doing this to help prevent that. my new radiator helped...but on a hot start after running pretty hard, my xj runs real rough for a bit, until the cooling system brings it back down to normal temps. even with the engine off, i can feel hot air rising out of the cowl, so it IS doing something haha
thats what i figured.... i had a cowl hood on my z71 and ran an open intake and it helped to suck the hot air out while letting the cool air in.... but only did it while driving fast.

and with my xj being a trailer queen i guess a cowl hood isnt for mine haha.

Alrighty...got some parts on order:

-double shear track bar and bracket
-heavy duty tie rod and new tre's
-degree shims for rear
-spicer 760x u joints for my axle shafts

Back