• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ

iron rock offroad track bar, with a new bracket. drops the track bar like 1/2 inch or so. adjustable for like 3 to 7 or so inches of lift. sold cold rolled steel. i think TrailRateThis runs it also. uses a bushing at both ends, no more TRE to wear out.

ahhhh... well for now i'm gonna roll with my worn out tre on mine then, and get a new one in a week or so. i think in my ignorance in high school, i might have welded my trackbar mount to the unibody when i was gettin death wobble. i kinda hope not, i haven't checked if that's one of the things i welded down....

ahhhh... well for now i'm gonna roll with my worn out tre on mine then, and get a new one in a week or so. i think in my ignorance in high school, i might have welded my trackbar mount to the unibody when i was gettin death wobble. i kinda hope not, i haven't checked if that's one of the things i welded down....

Mark is running the new Rough Country track bar and bracket on his white '99. It sells for $129.

well on the drive to woolys my jeep started shuddering and having intermitant power loss. check engine light came on, so got the code read. ended up having to buy a new coil rail, spark plugs (figured since i was in there anyways, why not), and crank position sensor (number 2 on this jeep). eric helped me swap it all in, we got it done pretty quick. Kinda sucks, i didnt get to wheel, and i spent an extra 230 bux i hadnt planned on.

well on the drive to woolys my jeep started shuddering and having intermitant power loss. check engine light came on, so got the code read. ended up having to buy a new coil rail, spark plugs (figured since i was in there anyways, why not), and crank position sensor (number 2 on this jeep). eric helped me swap it all in, we got it done pretty quick. Kinda sucks, i didnt get to wheel, and i spent an extra 230 bux i hadnt planned on.

You did get to wheel! Just not your Jeep.

drove home with no problems...so hopefully its all fixed. thanks for lettin me try out the 4wheeler matt! its pretty fun...

pile of parts to install:
DSCN0082.jpg

old track bar out next to new double shear one from iron rock:
DSCN0083.jpg

new bracket installed:
DSCN0084.jpg

installed:
DSCN0087-1.jpg

Drives a little bit better...bump steer seems to be gone, even flexed it out on a dirt mound, everything works well.

hows the trac bar do in bind(flexed) with those poly bushing on both ends?

Back