• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Unofficial Wheeling Trip-Hannibal Rocks ORP August 14/15th

Looks like Hannibal Inn looks like its near the Super 8 so I'd say 6-8min from the park...

damn...Dawn had me cleaning house all weekend...I couldn't get on-line.

OK...so, the turkey idea is OUT!
Looks like most of us are staying at hotels!

last time we went to Rockport.
we watched some competition, then went on a trail.
watched more competition, hit another trail.
this broke up the day real nice, especially when it is so hot.

BOB

Reserved at the Super 8. Not really sure on the trailer parking situation, but I will figure it out. I would at least like to drop it off there after wheeling on Saturday if we are going out for food and drinks.

It will be nice not to have to pack a tent and sleeping bag and all of the usual camping stuff. Packing light this time!

Sorry the turkey is out BOB, we'll get it done at the next Badlands run!

Reserved at the Super 8. Not really sure on the trailer parking situation, but I will figure it out. I would at least like to drop it off there after wheeling on Saturday if we are going out for food and drinks.

It will be nice not to have to pack a tent and sleeping bag and all of the usual camping stuff. Packing light this time!

Sorry the turkey is out BOB, we'll get it done at the next Badlands run!

I will have a truck and trailer too.
we'll find a place to park thdem.

yep...we'll cook that turkey at the Badlands!

I am looking forward to this trip.
Rockport had a really nice rock garden.
I've read, that this rock area is even better!

BOB

I just made reservations at the Hannibal Inn. It is cheaper then Super 8 and it has plenty of trailer parking according to them. It is only $59.99 per night...that is hella cheap....it is only about $25 more then staying in the camper..and I will make that much up for not hauling the camper down via fuel savings. Not sure where we will have a fire, but something can be thought up.....maybe meet up at Hannibal Rocks since they are having a free camping weekend there (primative)...you know there will be a fire somewhere!

I changed my Reservations over to Hannibal Inn.
Super 8 does not have trailer parking.

Are we going to meet up for dinner Friday night?

I plan to arrive around 4pm.

BOB

Still not sure what time we will be getting in Friday due to a changed work schedule and what time Camille can get loose from school. I am thinking that we will be there around 6:30 or so. My buddy told me that a place called "Drakes" is great smokehouse type food and drink but they are busy. We might be able to get a reservation for Friday. Would Saturday night work better for a dinner for everyone since we will all be there and Bad, Aaron, Craig and Stacy would be able to join? I am game for dinner both nights b/c this big boy dont miss a meal. BOB, is your # still the same that I had from WF-OH Ten?

I should be arriving around 5-5:30pm... Father and I are game for dinner either night, I know we will be looking for food after we check in at the hotel Friday... I have Bob's #, but no one elses....

Bob let me know if you wanna change plans for Friday...

Drakes is 1.6 miles from Hannibal Inn. here is a link to their page http://drakessteakandale.com/home.html ...sounds like a good joint.

How does 6:30 on Saturday evening sound to everyone for meeting up there? I will see if I can call and get reservations made for us..how many do we think we need? 14-16?

Drakes is 1.6 miles from Hannibal Inn. here is a link to their page http://drakessteakandale.com/home.html ...sounds like a good joint.

How does 6:30 on Saturday evening sound to everyone for meeting up there? I will see if I can call and get reservations made for us..how many do we think we need? 14-16?

lets plan on 16 people....we can always make it less when we get there.

BOB

At least you were thinking of everyone, I see that they've got a Kids menu so, Aaron will be able to join you!

I saw that they had beer and steak...if anyone that has a kid that does like either of those..they must be communist.

they typically dont take reservations but I said "listen beer wench, I am da Cheese from up north and you need to respect maaa authoritaaaa!!"

actually she was cool as hell and said she would see to it that we could all sit together even if we had to a little wait to get the tables together. :thumbup:

Mike, Camille said since we have a king bed in our room there was room for you ;)

not really, but wanted to make ya feel good :D......or maybe she did?? :dunno:

between me and Mike? Man, that is :lastara:

:roflmao:

if you showed up even close to my bed Byron I am afraid someone would get pregnant :D

hahaha! I got a good chuckle out of it! Even if you stayed in the room next to us I think that you may have that much power!!

Back