• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mottino Wash Trail Report...........we'll maybe

National Forest is very different from BLM. NF has gone through a very detailed route inventory program, with a very public route designation procedure with many opportunities for public comment, and has done much to both work with and educate users. BLM has done none (or very little) of that. Not that BLM won't in the future, but they haven't yet. If we treat BLM land like we must treat NF land we are severely cutting ourselves short as far as current and future opportunity go.

What I meant by "except the SBNF" is that they do invite us out (Greg Hoffman at least) and get us involved in the process, much better than stories I hear out of other forests.

Straight from the Barstow BLM office website...

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/ohvinfo.html

It seems like this has more to do with off-road, non street legal vehicles. I'm pretty sure that street legal vehicles have different restrictions, but it's tough to find clear direction. I think that Richard's interpretations of the law is what I'm going to stick with.

I remember passing a sign that said something like "entering BLM land, stay on the roads and trails." (next time I'll take a picture) so I assume that if it's a dirt road or trail, and its not blocked off, I can drive my street legal vehicle there. There were no visible signs anywhere on that I remember except the one mentioned above, but there were a few chained off areas that looked like they went to private residences.

Back