• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ DD build

Good point I'm actually going to move that as the angle will be even worse!

I would just do it flush with the bottom of the axle tubes.

But that would leave my similar to the stock height. I raised it up about half way on the tube. Compensate for the lift gain the rears I have are 10" travel. I'll fine tune if need be upon install

The MJ is really looking good, your putting the work.I think you need bright Neon pink and Blue stripes down the side. Miami Vice style to blend in.

Here is how the SOA and 8.8 ended up. I'll take some good pics of everything tomorrow. About 2.5" lift over what I previously had. The front was originially maybe 1/2"-3/4" higher than rear so I have about 1.75" rake. Pretty awesome! I like it but I might add xj shackles instead of lifting the front more. Bring it to roughly 1" rake. I don't have any control arms or track bar to throw at it right now. Although a guy here has JK rear uppers that measure 17.5" I could potentially use. Wants $25. Could use a bit longer shock as well. Need to slap the brakes on and put oil in it.

Amazing project! Bringing it back to SC?

I saw that pic of the Wagoneer. If you go back to that yard, consider at least getting the orange corner lights off the header panel. If they are unbroken they are worth getting. Since there is no supply, waggie guys are always looking. They are not interchangeable with regular XJ corner lights. Slightly taller and thinner.

Kind of a favor to the group. I will pay you for them if you don't want to hassle selling them yourself. Just bring them on your next trip to SC.

No big deal. But those lights are some of the rarer XJ parts.

Happy Holidays.

Brian at Fins Coffee.

The corner lights were shot or at least one I know for sure. The grill turn signals I grabbed.

I will be bringing this back to CA or at least... That's the plan thus far!

Can somebody offer me some advice? Trans is pointing DOWN 6* and so is the axle at roughly 5*. I get vibes at about 1500 rpm and down.. Nothing bad just enough to rattle the coins in the ash tray.. I am not sure if the axle is wrapping.. which would be odd. I might go throw some more torque on the bolts. Or could it be my shitty motor mounts? Or is my math off?

Last edited:
you want the output yoke to be parallel to the pinion yoke, not in line like a SYE kit..

also could be tranny mount, motor mounts bad u joints.

get me pics. I always dial in pinion angle before I burn it by bolting everything up. I know its tough to do with your setup .

also tranny mount , bad u joints.

Thanks for the links Jon, great reads. Pat this thing is quickly going away from the dd path haha! I look forward to seeing what you do with it none the less!

dude you do not want your rears locking up first.
do you have a stuck caliper?

are your fronts working? I would give less brakes to the rear at the moment

Is your load sensing valve working/adjusted properly?

Back