• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meet and Greet in Louisville, IL May 5th

Rev Den said:
Anyone attending wanna buy a Ruger 10-22 w/scope and sling?
That's tempting. What kind/power of scope?

seanR said:
You won't be as smart as if you had stayed at the Holiday Express!

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express, than I am probably SMARTER to be looking at the Best Western.(Its the only decent chain hotel listed in Flora.)

w_howey said:
Might be going. Have to see about someone to watch the kiddies.

How is the Best Western in Flora??

Best we got.
Not bad at all.
I lived there for a week a few years back, when we had the fire.

There is cheaper if all you're not real picky.

Hale

w_howey said:
If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express, than I am probably SMARTER to be looking at the Best Western.(Its the only decent chain hotel listed in Flora.)

It's the ONLY chain hotel in Flora!

:roflmao:

What Rd said:
That's tempting. What kind/power of scope?

Bushnell Sportsview as listed.
I'm guessing 3x9x32.

Haleyes said:
Best we got.
Not bad at all.
I lived there for a week a few years back, when we had the fire.

There is cheaper if all you're not real picky.

Hale

Some POS in Effingham popped up in the reservation system. It was about $40 a night, where the Best Western was $60.

Me, I'm not picky. But the 'real' boss is going to be with me, so if she has never heard of the hotel, she ain't staying there.

w_howey said:
Some POS in Effingham popped up in the reservation system. It was about $40 a night, where the Best Western was $60.

Me, I'm not picky. But the 'real' boss is going to be with me, so if she has never heard of the hotel, she ain't staying there.

Lots of good hotels in Eham.

If you really want to save a buck. Mention "Hotel Flora" to the boss now. That way, when you get here, she's heard of it.:D
Keep in mind if you stay in Flora, you'll be backtracking about 30 miles back to Eham to get on the Interstate.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Bushnell Sportsview as listed.
I'm guessing 3x9x32.
Come on - you guys don't expect me to do my own reading, do you?
:rolleyes:

Here are some directions:

From Effingham go south on RT. 45 approx. 18 miles to the Iola Rd. Turn west go 1 mile to the T. Turn south for .2 miles. Turn west for 1.5 miles. Driveway will be on the right.

From Flora go north on RT. 45 approx. 10 miles. Then follow the above directions.

Once you are on the Iola Rd. if you get to the river bridge you have gone to far. The bridge is about 1/4 mile past the drive.

I will have some sort of signs on the highway & at the drive. Once you get up the drive go around the barn to the left, parking will be in the back.

If you get lost the phone # there is 618-665-3475.

I am off work Thur.-Mon. so if anybody wants to show up a day early or stay an extra day I'll be around. Just let me know. JIM.

I plan on making signs of some sort to put along 45 as well.
Look for just a simple NAXJA and an arrow on a big piece of whatever I can find.:D

Hale

OK....help me clean my closet.

Mossberg 195 K A - 20ga
Savage 840 - .222
and of course the 10-22

Details in the MWC for sale forum

No shipping if you buy at this event....might even be willing to cut a deal or 2.

Rev

OK, it looks like I'll be able to make it after all. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and gleaning A LOT of info and advice from ya'll.
Take care, Hoss

Hoss in IL said:
OK, it looks like I'll be able to make it after all. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and gleaning A LOT of info and advice from ya'll.
Take care, Hoss

Good deal.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Hale

What would you like us to bring? And you mentioned clay pigeons, does anyone have a thrower and pigeons?

I've got a thrower. Not the bestest by any means but it will thrown them. I think I'll probably be shooting long range stuff, I probably won't shoot too many clays....I dunno, we'll see. If you plan on shooting clays, bring some. I'll have my thower there, if I forget it, I'll run home and get it.:D
We'll need more than just pig to eat too. Bring your own drinks. I'll get plates, spoons, forks and napkins. There is a mini-super Walmart in Flora if anyone wants to grab something there. Walmart is pretty limited on their ammo selection, so keep that in mind. There will be 110 power to run crock-pots and the like in the barn. Even have 220 if need be.:laugh3:

Post up what you plan on bringing so we don't end up with 8 crock pots full of baked beans!:laugh3:

Hale

We have a ton of plates, utensils, cups and napkins left over from WF. We will bring those.

jeeplas said:
We have a ton of plates, utensils, cups and napkins left over from WF. We will bring those.
Roger that.:thumbup:

Hale

Back