• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lodging

I know I'm getting old and kinda blind but I haven't seen anyone post about it yet...

This is the first year I'm camping for WF. I need a site that can handle 2 or 3 small electric heaters (I'll have JEEPS and a friend along too). I see they have 'em but I can't get anyone to call back about a reservation or whatever.

How do you regular WF camping types do it? Just show up and claim squatter's rights? I plan on being there Friday, maybe even thursday. Left a couple of voice messages at the number on their web site but no return call.

I know I'm getting old and kinda blind but I haven't seen anyone post about it yet...

This is the first year I'm camping for WF. I need a site that can handle 2 or 3 small electric heaters (I'll have JEEPS and a friend along too). I see they have 'em but I can't get anyone to call back about a reservation or whatever.

How do you regular WF camping types do it? Just show up and claim squatter's rights? I plan on being there Friday, maybe even thursday. Left a couple of voice messages at the number on their web site but no return call.

we are usually the only ones at the campground...last year due to the better than average temps there was at least one other group...but i wouldn't worry about making reservations...there is probably no one there to answer the phone til at least mid feb...they don't even open til the weekend of winterfest...

the electric on the campsite is more than ample to keep a couple of heaters going...

mac 'ran three last trip' gyvr

be sure to have a 1 ltr mountain dew bottle in whatever you're sleeping in. that morining wake up/get dressed/get out in the sub 0 weather to pee SUCKS.

fore 'mt dew cuz it has the wide opening' wheeler

Cheese "your not fooling anyone, your just a bad shot" Man

:D

Rew' remind me not to drink any ones mt dew' ster

:puke:

well, we had 63 rigs last year. Hopefully it will be more!

ask XJosh95, it'll do fine at Badlands, Redbird.....not so much!

Due to unfortunate circumstances Austin had to cancel Coming to wf. Anyone wanna share a room?

most likely i will be attending in stock form... i would like to get some tires. but i use the jeep so much for work, i dont have the time to take it apart

Yeah, ask me about being stock!! I wheeled the piss outta my rig on stock everything and had no problems at the Badlands. I was overcompensating (at least attempting) my lack of traction with speed at RedBird...I didn't even need that much when I finally made it up that hill. At any rate, there will be quite a few people making the trip through green trail, myself included as a tail gunner. If you get in touch with me I'll try to get you worked into my group and get you through without any issues.

....says the guy that hits trees.:rolleyes:

:D

C'mon, Mike! You have to admit that tree was lookin for a fight...I mean, you saw how it looked at me!

I would imagine there will be spots left. Seems the ones with electricity go pretty quickly, but there's usually the ones without available. But, hell, the sites are so big, it shouldn't even be a problem for you to park next to someone else...whatever you can get away with, I guess.

Back