• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Llama Build- Slowly....

So... I bought a different one. Just needs a few minor things, but it rides and drives like I couldn't believe. May eventually step the tires back down to 33s or 34ish. But for now, I'm all kinds of happy and can't wait to put some time in the hills with it.

RE 5.5 long arm, 4.56 gears hp30 with trutrac d44 arb, bilstein 5125s, Clayton trackbar, ORO steering, 35 BFG km1 with full spare.

First plans are put a sway bar in front, get an arb compressor, and add a rear hitch if possible.

nice come-up.

Looks nice! Glad you got a new ride!

Did you pick this up in Hollister? I've seen that XJ around town quite a bit. That thing is setup pretty nice!

I saw that thing somewhere on CL. good find.

Picked up it up in Fremont. Said he took it to hollister once in a while and that his wife was getting rid of it due to commuting. Handles really well, other than a saggy headliner the interior is great for a 20 year old vehicle.

Cool. The work is just minor as far as I can tell and what some people have said after looking at it. Shops charge a crazy amount and now I'm even less inclined to start it :) I may actually try to straighten the bumper mount out Sunday and slap a spare one I have on.

Went camping for the night to see how the 4x4 works. Seems fine, there's a steep rocky road to the ranch and its the easiest I've ever drove up it. Do need to add a trans cooler before summer though.

jeep looks good. where did you go camping at? that looks like a legit spot.

My old geology professor's ranch near Coulterville. Not much to do there but sit around. I was hoping the boom truck had a battery so i could mess around driving a diesel, but he took it out. As long as I do a bit of work I can go up whenever. This time I just split some rounds of wood. Next time I'll probably clear some brush and spray some paths with weed killer to the outhouse and his trailer.

Still waiting to install some sort of air system for the arb. Did swap over my cold air intake and get rid of the god awful Fram filter. Going to start wiring up the LEDs I got a while back for rock lights/ work lights on wed. Plan on heading somewhere Friday night to check out what's supposed to be an awesome meteor shower Friday night til Saturday morning. If I get Saturday covered at work, might head to slick rock and camp out til Sunday.

Passenger caliper was sticking, replaced and seems good now. No more brake drag or pulling left on hard stop. But... Passenger upper ball joint has lateral play, less than 1/16th at most. Driver is tight. So looks like next paycheck I'll be doing that instead of my compressor. Going to try to get the synergy ones but just might pick up something cheaper to get me thru to next spring/summer.

Heard the relay, I'll need to climb under and check the solenoid right? Worse comes to worse I do have an extra vehicle to pull parts from assuming the starter is interchangeable between auto and manual. Just don't feel like doing it in the dark.

Back