• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Llama Build- Slowly....

Try hitting the solenoid on the side of the starter with a hammer or the like to unstick it.

Or try clicking the key into the cranking position rapidly a few times to unstick it.

Yup...common problem on these aging starters. I find that the Taco Bell parking lot at midnight is a great place for swapping them out. The hammer trick only works so many times.

No problem man. And like said above, don't rely on the hammer trick working every time. Grab another starter before the hammer stops working it's magic.

Oh also did the starter with my neice helping. Showed her how easy it is, her dad has her help on stuff too. Figured wouldn't hurt to show her even more.

Stupid starter broke already. Went to start it up last night after work, stayed on spinning like crazy. Lucky I had vice grips to remove battery cables. Had my bro in law bring me tools and run me to autozone to replace it at. I'm glad I had the vice grips, I had taken all my tools out earlier to clean the inside up. Got off at 930, got at home midnight.

Stupid starter broke already. Went to start it up last night after work, stayed on spinning like crazy. Lucky I had vice grips to remove battery cables. Had my bro in law bring me tools and run me to autozone to replace it at. I'm glad I had the vice grips, I had taken all my tools out earlier to clean the inside up. Got off at 930, got at home midnight.

did you just put one on? it already went out?

One thing after another. About halfway to work my jeep starts making a metal grinding noise upon acceleration and horrible vibes at 25mph. Hoping it's just a driveline joint or maybe tranny mount. Felt super sketchy driving it.

Pulled front driveline, still there. Thought I felt play but didn't change anything. Pulled rear even though it felt tight, seems to have gone away. So looks like a rear driveline rebuild and adjusting rear axle pinion angle.

Woke up to this.

Threw on the spare then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours locating proper sockets I thought I had and didn't. Finally got my stuff in order. Out with the old

In with the new spicers.

All done.

Oh and driveshaft rebuild for a few shiny pennies. Was going to do it myself but it needed a new centering ball, mine had a split needle bearing. So paid a bit more than if I had done it myself, but it is balanced and straight. Off to do a test drive and return the press.

Well my transmission spit fluid on the way to sierraFest. I got to just past Arnold and decided to come home instead of push an overheating component. I thought the front seal was going out but it only leaked when overheating. For now I added a cooler from a zj and kept the radiator as well. Hopefully this works.

Most times a cooler fixes that

Learned some stuff this weekend.

Changing ujoints can become a headache. Axle shaft ears can bend if things are siezed or not squared.

Not all hubs are the same for 90+ model years. They changed around 99.5 and require a different rotor to work properly.

With my bonus next month I'll be getting an arb compressor and front diff cover. Probably going ruffstuff for a cover and the compressor that's able to air up tires.

Naxja members are still the best people around. Happy to be a paying member for the knowledge and support from members.

What is bracket thing that's next to the knuckle? It looks like some kind of track bar bracket that bolts to two of the unit bearing bolts and the knuckle?

Back