• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift kit install help in Indy

ff4500

NAXJA Forum User
As the title states, I'm looking for a few experienced hands to help install my hodgepodge kit of lift parts on my XJ. I heard of a few guys around here that actually used a shop, but I can't find the thread anymore. Local installers don't want to touch it and I don't have access to stuff like a welder if I run into issues. It's the usual: New (used) leafs with new bushings, shackles, front coils, transfer case drop and new shocks. Going to about 3 - 3.5".

Looking to start installing as soon as the weekend of 6/27.

Ideas? Help? Pointers?

Start now with the P B blaster..Do this till you are ready to start on her..Then i would spray the same morning that i was going to start unbolting her..Good luck

Yup. PB blaster bolt coating has already started. Hopefully it'll help.
I don't have BPEs yet, so I'm hoping that we don't have to cut the old bolts completely off.

I found if i tighten just a little before i removed them, help..My jeep is a CA jeep but it is from the beach..I only broke one bolt...

my jeep was a new york/mass. jeep and i sprayed PB for a few days before the install. didnt break a single bolt. use heat if a bolt is stubborn and go slow you wont break anything

I bet the MOJO Offroad guys would be willing to lend a hand. Good bunch of guys. Look them up or maybe, one of them will post up here.

I heard of a few guys around here that actually used a shop, but I can't find the thread anymore.

Check out MOJOoffroad.com they have a shop in Waverley and have a get together almost every Wednesday night. They will be doing a ride for Riley the weekend you want to do your lift. Introduce yourself and go from there! :cheers: I would lend a hand but I'm most likely going to go to Badlands this weekend and that will kill my Gas money reserves! :D

Edit: Hale you beat me to it!

Doesn't have to be that weekend. I'm pretty open... ;)

YOu on the south side, north, west, east? If we can rally up a couple guys i'd be down for helping. I can't really do any heavy wrenching but I know how to lift a Jeep.

hi guys, i am one of the MOJO guys, i just wanted to post up and say thanks for the recomendation. we would be glad to help with this lift kit, or just about any other mod you want to do, generally we would want someone to come a couple of times to put in a little "sweat equity" before we work on thier stuff, we have been burned before by ppl looking fro free labor and never showing up again. however, we accept donations for work performed if that is a route you would rather take. none of us are full time mechanics, we do this for a hobby.

I noticed that the MOJO shop is around SR37 & 144. Is it the place right there on old 37, just past the DQ and the gas stations? If memory serves, there used to be a 4x4 place right on the corner. I've got family right down the street from there...

hi guys, i am one of the MOJO guys, i just wanted to post up and say thanks for the recomendation. we would be glad to help with this lift kit, or just about any other mod you want to do, generally we would want someone to come a couple of times to put in a little "sweat equity" before we work on thier stuff, we have been burned before by ppl looking fro free labor and never showing up again. however, we accept donations for work performed if that is a route you would rather take. none of us are full time mechanics, we do this for a hobby.
Totally understandable on the sweat equity. You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours type of deal. Nothing wrong with that!
I wish I was closer to you guys......I'd love to have a place/group like you guys have going.

Yup. I'm down for learning more about this stuff, which is why I'd like to install it myself, with help from some more experienced guys. I've installed struts/shocks/springs before, just not on an XJ.

Donations for work performed, as in Pizza/Beer and/or cold hard cash? ;)

yes, we are at 37 & 144, wednesdays starting about 530 pm or so. donations can be anything you wish to donate. a case of beer goes a long way.

we have done work for a local used car dealer doing lifts on tj's for cash. it really depends on what you are wanting, if you want to come stand around while someone works on your heap, you better pack beer and cash. if you want to have a little help and guidance and use our tools and electricity, beer is usually sufficient. although we do take a 2$ per person dues from everyone who shoes up to help with consumables and electricity.

your best course of action would be to show up wednesday night and meet us, then we can talk about actually working on your jeep. we have other projects in the works, so we would have to see when it would fit in to the schedule.

Sounds like a plan Mot. I'd love to meet you guys, even though it's a bit of a drive from my place. If I don't say f-it and do it myself before that, it's a plan. My current shocks are so hosed that it annoys me everytime I drive it.

This brings up the bigger question: What kind of beer? Are you guys a Keystone Light bunch or sometime fancier for summer, like Bells Oberon?

I'm mighty handy with a soldering Iron! So if you guys ever need some wiring soldered up I'll be glad to do it! I have been meaning to get over there and Meet all of you guys but I haven't been able to work it into my schedule. My rear shocks do need replaced and I don't have an Air Chisel so maybe I can get up there one a Jeep night and you guys could help me with that! :cheers:

Porky here.. It's my house that we gater at. We always welcome new members. We are not the old 4x4 shop but we are close. Pm me on the MOJO board for my cell # and directions.

If you bring beer It would be to you benifet you greatly if it is already cold. It helps getting you on our good side.

I guess you could say we are the Indiana chaper of NAXJA.

I can count 10 XJs off the top of my head and 3 or 4 ZJs

Back