• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Lawerence Welk" area--Legal to offroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're the authority of passable there cowboy. :kissyou:

33050203.jpg

No pics. The road is heavily eroded, which is fine and challenging, and it clearly had not seen a vehicle in years.

As it bends in the bottom of a high, angled drainage spot it was narrowed to about a 4-ft width with a dropoff of 6-8 feet on the downhill side and 3-5 feet on the uphill side. There is shrubbery on the uphill side.

Id love to see this spot...

Dan, you know where this might be?

That won't ever happen.

The land is owned by a developer, who has tried to bulldoze it and build a housing tract. They have been blocked by local interests many times.

They aren't interested in the liability of having a sanctioned 4wd event/cleanup out there. It's been attempted by some local clubs.

It gets used a a trash dump and a stolen vehicle dump pretty regularly. In fact, there was a recently stolen rig in there last weekend, which was reported by our group.

Since it's so narrow which side did you place your off camber tire, right or left? Were you going uphill or downhill at the time? 2nd time to ask

I think he is to busy replacing he front drive shaft to answer. ;)

I think he is to busy replacing he front drive shaft to answer. ;)

Nah, he's avoiding the question because Vanimal knew my question was meant to determine his veracity. Depending on his answer he was either truthful or full of BS. Besides, a car hadn't passed that way in over a year until we did it - extremely heavy brush and zero tire marks, especially in the fun spots.

A smart car is too wide to pass that washout.

It's always good to be nice to the people that could one day be the one to pull you out of something....
This is entertaining tho...
You have any pics of your rig Tomh87

Picture of my rig? Ummm ... OK

9274941311_ddd3a150d9.jpg

No big deal but the other poster had already accused me of being a narc, or maybe a cop, the very first time I put up an innocent post -- he wasn't the only one BTW. When I logged back on weeks later and laughed, not even one of them had the friendliness to laugh alongside me. (I'm an engineer.)

What with the level of discourse on this forum I guess everyone should have a thick skin. I've seen more than one mild insult in this stream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back