• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Lawerence Welk" area--Legal to offroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Tom.

FWIW, no matter whether or not you can make it through an obstacle that someone else can do -- erring on the side of caution, especially if alone or only with other vehicles that wouldn't be of any help, is not at all a bad thing!! Knowing the capabilities & limits of your rig & your co-wheelers, and your driving skills, is a good thing.

Dan's a bit fearless, and Ben's a smartass, and we're all a little crazy. But we look forward to meeting you in person, and wheeling someday!

Where in SD are you? Good places to meet folks over beer rather than dirt are the Meet&Greets... one tomorrow (the 3rd Monday of the month) in Kearny Mesa (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1102526), and one in a few weeks, the 1st Tuesday of the month in Vista (basic info, a couple months old, at http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1100956).

We even let a new-gen LIBERTY owner come!! LOL.

Welcome, Tom.

FWIW, no matter whether or not you can make it through an obstacle that someone else can do -- erring on the side of caution, especially if alone or only with other vehicles that wouldn't be of any help, is not at all a bad thing!! Knowing the capabilities & limits of your rig & your co-wheelers, and your driving skills, is a good thing.

Dan's a bit fearless, and Ben's a smartass, and we're all a little crazy. But we look forward to meeting you in person, and wheeling someday!

Where in SD are you? Good places to meet folks over beer rather than dirt are the Meet&Greets... one tomorrow (the 3rd Monday of the month) in Kearny Mesa (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1102526), and one in a few weeks, the 1st Tuesday of the month in Vista (basic info, a couple months old, at http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1100956).

We even let a new-gen LIBERTY owner come!! LOL.

Carol, while I appreciate your graciousness I will decline to join, participate, blog, or even view this group anymore. I feel like I took a wrong turn down a dark alley and ended up in that bar in Star Wars. Accused of being a cop and mocked, all in the same thread.

over and out.

I'm 6-8" wider than you (with my tires), not lifted as high, and not as experienced. Friendly, aren't you?

I'm on full width 1 tons. You are most definitely not wider than me. And your jeep would easily make that. The rest of the trail uphill from there is much more agressive than that spot anyways.
Hey man, You said you wanted to see me roll so you can post it on NAXJA and laugh. What did you want, a reach around? lol
All i'm saying is don't damage the trails just because your rig can't clear something. There are quite a few much more built rigs that like to have fun too. There's enough trails for smaller rigs out there, not a whole lot for the big guys. People have winched over rocks and plowed stuff over which ruined great lines, so it's a bit of a sensitive subject.

Carol, while I appreciate your graciousness I will decline to join, participate, blog, or even view this group anymore. I feel like I took a wrong turn down a dark alley and ended up in that bar in Star Wars. Accused of being a cop and mocked, all in the same thread.

over and out.

goodbye

You mad bro?

Mad, nah. I don't belong here.

You see, I graduated from high school, still have all my natural teeth, my parents weren't related, and wasn't exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.

I'm not paranoid and I don't peel the wings off of small creatures.

I'm not certifiably crazy and -- gosh -- I'm friendly to less experienced wheelers than me.

Nuff said.

You're being kinda a dick for no reason. Everyone here is just joking around, no one actually hates you or anything and you're taking offense to things you shouldn't take offense to.

3ob5se.jpg

youd be surprised. the biggest asshats on here are some of the nicest in real life.

well some of them still suck in person.

You see, I graduated from high school, still have all my natural teeth, my parents weren't related, and wasn't exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam.

I'm not certifiably crazy and -- gosh -- I'm friendly to less experienced wheelers than me.

Nuff said.

WTF?:doh::roflmao::moon:

Nuff said.

Maybe Tom'll keep lurking & realize that we aren't all as efftarded as we come off sometimes. And maybe he'll realize that his original posts gave no hint about him being "less experienced", which is probably what started this mess.

Tom -- Some of the biggest apparent a$$hats or sh!theads on here are some of my good friends in real life. Seriously. And a lot of what you're seeing is supposed to be/meant to be good-natured joshing.

And yep, I graduated from HS, have most of my natural teeth (except the ones I've had crowned), my parents weren't related (but they were from the MidWest, which is a different kind of scary), and I drink orange juice that's probably made in Vietnam.

However, I have to take the wings off small creatures, because I know they're out to get me!

Nuff said.

With a reply like this, I'm pretty sure he does belong here and just doesn't realize it yet.

Party on Wayne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back