• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Man that's good advice. I want to buy a house soon. I think i could do it, it's just a matter of actually getting the ball rolling. I'm only a few weeks into my 21st trip around the sun, but I want to start early. I appreciate ya taking the time to type all that out Tim.

it is so much easier for you to buy a house than me. there are lots of first time homeowner programs out there that let you buy with 3-5% down & you will get a lower interest rate than i would get, so take advantage of that, buy smart & you can get started on building your future wealth.

a great book to read is "the snowball" which is warren buffets life story. if only i had read more about him when i was younger...

I ordered that book from amazon, I'm looking forward to reading it. It'll be here in a few days, I'm stoked! Thanks for the advice.

Now, enough of side track stuff, any progress on either jeeps!? :D

Great story thanks for sharing Tim. I just ordered the book as well.

its a pretty long book, but incredibly interesting if you appreciate financial dealings, facts & figures. i got it on cd's & listen to it while driving to oregon.
nearly everything Warren touched turned to gold. he bought his first stock at 9 & his first property (a 40 acre farm i think) at about 14. he bought pinball machines & set them up in barber shops & made a lot of money for a early teenager. much later he bought 1/2 of geico for something like 250 million, then later bought the other 1/2 for over a billion. bought blue chip stamps (anyone else here remember them? i do) & used the "float" from that to buy sees candy. it goes on & on. he was the worlds richest man for a number of years until bill gates took over that spot.

I ordered that book from amazon, I'm looking forward to reading it. It'll be here in a few days, I'm stoked! Thanks for the advice.

Now, enough of side track stuff, any progress on either jeeps!? :D

i pulled the steering gear box off the green heep & sent it back to PSC for a rebuild & hydro assist modification. still need to install the psc pump & reservoir.
also need to replace the track bar bushing on the axle end as it is destroyed.

i spent last saturday welding up a set of unibody stiffies on doc moe's xj.

sounds like next saturday i'll be helping 831xj bend up some tube doors.

almost forgot: i bought this last week.
can't live in Oregon without a welded aluminum fishing boat, right?
i think Diane likes it even more than I do.

boat7-12-142_zps1976b506.jpg

boat7-12-144_zps4421a0da.jpg

My guess is that it kinda works like a hyrdofoil and you basically float over the water. Haha

Man that's good advice. I want to buy a house soon. I think i could do it, it's just a matter of actually getting the ball rolling. I'm only a few weeks into my 21st trip around the sun, but I want to start early. I appreciate ya taking the time to type all that out Tim.

I bought my first house at 22, after I became post-college employed. Best decision Ive made to this point. I bought instead of renting because the comparison showed I could buy for just a bit more than I could rent for, and that obviously would be an investment vs flushing cash in the toilet that can be renting. 4 years later its worth almost 2x what I paid, but thats more luck of timing than investing "skill". Some people cant stand investing or paying attention to it, but it can also be a hobby if you are that kind of person

Nice boat Tim. You don't see many of the smaller boats with the Furuno radars on them. Is that going to be your wet season (September to June) commuter car? :D

And just in case you need to test the "fish-ability", I have quite a few fishing poles, a large and a medium box full of tackle, and someone willing to carry it all to you. I'd even throw in some Taco Bell to sweetin the deal...

Last edited:
I bought my first house at 22, after I became post-college employed. Best decision Ive made to this point. I bought instead of renting because the comparison showed I could buy for just a bit more than I could rent for, and that obviously would be an investment vs flushing cash in the toilet that can be renting. 4 years later its worth almost 2x what I paid, but thats more luck of timing than investing "skill". Some people cant stand investing or paying attention to it, but it can also be a hobby if you are that kind of person

Hijacking again... That's the way I feel about renting. I've had numerous friends try to convince me to move out into renting a house or an apartment with them. But I have a garage at my parents house, I don't really have to buy that much groceries, and all that stuff. So I've just been biting my time and waiting til I can afford to buy my own place. Which is coming up soon :D

Sorry Tim! And hey nice boat, I think that canvas will float real good :)

are the boat pics upside down or something?
they view right side up on this thread on my computer...

I think they were upside down from my phone by right side up on my computer. I don't know why?

got my steering gear box rebuilt & machined for hydro assist at PSC in less than a week.
now i can't get the friggin' lower trackbar bolt out.
looks like i need to cut it out as it seems the bolt has permanently mated with the bushing sleeve & wont come out. the green heep is pissing me off right now...

Back