• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

You could make your own fish tacos from the porch man. Love the location and the view but the shop sold me. Congratulation Tim.

That Location And Near Taco Bell. You Should Inform Them You Are Coming And They Are Short staffed
Maybe even have them become the first TB to deliver! Haha.
Awesome place.

That looks amazing Tim! and only 1 mile from Taco Bell mean you will never starve to death. Dude we need to have a sierra chapter meet N greet up there and a wrench fest!

Hot damn, that is nice! Would love to live there! Congrats!

Some things are worth waiting for, I would wait 11 years to save 260,000 any day.... Glad you finally got your dream house dude!!!! Now move into it will ya!!!:rof:

the fun factory will be open this saturday, june 7th for a meet & greet / build party.
stop by, hang out, drink beerz, eat taco bell, & watch me weld up a t&t truss on Lou's new D44 front axle. the fun starts at 9 am.
pm for directions if you haven't been here before.

Lou have anything interesting from the D30 he wants to sell?

no idea, but probably. his handle is #194 on NAXJA
you could stop by saturday & ask him in person...:jester:

Tim- Great place, Beautiful!!!... have you sold the old place yet? Congrats!

Tim- Great place, Beautiful!!!... have you sold the old place yet? Congrats!

not yet, but tere are now 4 interested parties.
hopefully we get a solid offer soon.
packing & moving the factory back to my old shop downtown san jose is gonna suck donky ballz though!

not yet, but tere are now 4 interested parties.
hopefully we get a solid offer soon.
packing & moving the factory back to my old shop downtown san jose is gonna suck donky ballz though!

Good for you... with 4 at least one should be a winner! Of course, moving is always a pain.

Hey Tim. I live up here in Gresham or, and discovered your blog a few nights ago. Man that's been a whirlwind reading through, you must be the busiest guy I've ever seen in my life. And that's only from what you post on here. I am extremely sorry to hear about Jax, I had to put my best friend down a couple years ago and if I think about him too long it still makes me emotional. Both your jeeps are really cool. Any plans on when you will be moving to Oregon? Or any trips coming up?

Also, how did you get started in the real estate game? That's something I've been looking into. If you've got time sometime maybe you could message me.

Thanks, Brandon.

Hey Tim. I live up here in Gresham or, and discovered your blog a few nights ago. Man that's been a whirlwind reading through, you must be the busiest guy I've ever seen in my life. And that's only from what you post on here. I am extremely sorry to hear about Jax, I had to put my best friend down a couple years ago and if I think about him too long it still makes me emotional. Both your jeeps are really cool. Any plans on when you will be moving to Oregon? Or any trips coming up?

Also, how did you get started in the real estate game? That's something I've been looking into. If you've got time sometime maybe you could message me.

Thanks, Brandon.

Hi Brandon, I tend to keep busy, although sometimes i get lazy & don't get much done for a couple weeks at a time, but always have some kind of deal going on in the background it seems.
Loosing Jax was absolutely devastating to me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, & I tear up really quickly thinking about him.
We are about 2 years from moving to Oregon but I am up there every 4 to 6 weeks it seems.
I got started in real estate at 22 when I bought my first house. I got the down payment from a settlement from a Vietnamese guy that hit me on my harley a couple years before & mangled my left foot.
I bought the house & rented a room to my friend, rented the couch to a girl I knew, & bought a 1950 Bolls-Aero travel trailer to park in the backyard & rented it out to another friend. the rents covered the mortgage, tax, insurance, utilities, & my food (and beer!) so I could blow my whole paycheck on the Snap-On truck every week...for a couple years. I also bought, sold, & repaired harleys in a shop in my back yard. all the money i made doing that rolled into more harleys & parts & tools. fixed that house up, sold it at a profit (should have kept it!) & bought the next house & fixed it up. it had a small cottage that i fixed up before we even moved in & rented it out. it covered all but $156 of the mortgage, so by then I could afford to drag race my blown alcohol willys coupe pretty easily. after 8 years we pulled some of the equity out to buy the house we live in now & fixed it up while renting out the cottage, house, & my old shop. that house is a gold mine now, probably will never sell it as it cashflows really well. after a couple years living in our current house i started buying rentals up in Oregon as they cashflow pretty good & are a shit ton cheaper that san jose property. once you get a few rentals it gets easier & easier to buy more. it helps that i have a really addictive personality. it took me a long time to point that addiction in a productive manner. most of my life i have looked at what i could sell something for if i had to get my money back out before buying something, and typically buy used items so i don't take the depreciation hit. i spend a massive amount of time on retirement planning (and have for at least 15 years). this is probably boring stuff for 99% of people out there, but i sure wish someone had told me some of this when i was in my teens & early 20's so i could have invested even more. i'd easily be retired now if i never got into drag racing or antique harley-davidsons! oh well, live & learn, right? :rolleyes:

Man that's good advice. I want to buy a house soon. I think i could do it, it's just a matter of actually getting the ball rolling. I'm only a few weeks into my 21st trip around the sun, but I want to start early. I appreciate ya taking the time to type all that out Tim.

Back