• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knucklehead's blog

Where is that located, Tim?

got that last house painted & new carpets. fixed a bunch of other small stuff & it's already rented out. bam!
made an offer on a house with a triplex on the same lot today. hope i get it!

finally fixed the green heep. replaced the ps pump that i fried (o'reilly lifetime warranty, third pump i've killed!) and replaced the bad red optima battery. it was just 3 months out of warranty. should have pulled it sooner as it has been giving me fits for about 6 months. oh well, i was busy with other stuff.
still packing up our shit getting ready to move. hauled out tons of scrap lumber, about 10,000 lbs. of metal roofing panels, & literally tons of other parts, materials, books, & stuff. seems like i am always busy, no wonder i am always tired.

so i bought this for Diane today from a good friend.
'98 xj, 4.5" rubicon lift, 4.56's, 33's, f&r cromos, rear detroit, front ox, currie steering, sliders, 10k winch with rope, bumpers, gas & t-case skids, diff covers, thumpin' tunes, lots of spare parts & all paperwork.

_128_zpsed09fef6.jpg

_121_zps2c9e1b56.jpg

Nice buy...Now, are you going to get Diane out there to wheel it?

Nice buy...Now, are you going to get Diane out there to wheel it?

the plan is to lower this down from 4.5" to 3" of lift & keep it in my shop in Oregon.

the plan is to lower this down from 4.5" to 3" of lift & keep it in my shop in Oregon.

Nice. I like the looks of those rails too. Looks like it would be easy to walk from the rear tires to the front without stepping down. It would make it easier to pack stuff in a roof rack if you ever had the need.

...and then to wheel the living piss out of it, trash all the sheetmetal, blow up both diff's, rebuilt it all on one-tons, 4-link the rear, toss on 40" meats, back-half it after he rolls it, and wonder why the frame creaks.

You've seen this story before from Tim. :kissyou:

...and then to wheel the living piss out of it, trash all the sheetmetal, blow up both diff's, rebuilt it all on one-tons, 4-link the rear, toss on 40" meats, back-half it after he rolls it, and wonder why the frame creaks.

You've seen this story before from Tim. :kissyou:

you know me all too well Josh. :explosion

got Diane's new xj registered in Oregon today.
total cost $194 for 2 years.
no need to smog in Oregon either.
did i mention no sales tax up here!

Hey tim where did you end up installing the third stick for the atlas? Any pics

i mounted it on the right side of the tranny tunnel.

100_1998_edited-1.jpg

i clocked the t-case up pretty high also. i was aiming to get it above the bottom of the frame rail. the corner of it just hangs below but i had to add a pop out on my belly pan with some clearance so it would not touch under a hard load.

100_1665_edited-1.jpg

100_1670_edited-1.jpg

100_1692_edited-1.jpg

100_1689_edited-1.jpg

100_2008_edited-1.jpg

Tim, that belly pan is very nicely done...I cant tell from the pics, but is the top side laterally braced? Is it 1/4" or thicker? It looks like thicker than quarter.

Back